cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfaces on java instances on XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can interfaces run only on java instance of XI? How can we validate such interfaces?

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JAVA instance means only on JAVA Stack(Adapter Engines),yes it is possible from PI 7.1 onwards.

search about Adavance adapter engine concept..you will get to know evrythiung.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on 7.0 support team. I got an issue where I need to validate an interface which uses java instance of XI server. And then this runs an executable file to map the XLM data and create an idoc in SAP. I am just wondering how to find this interface in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I got an issue where I need to validate an interface which uses java instance of XI server.

Do you mean XML validation with a XSD? I am not sure if this is possible in PI 7.0. In PI 7.1 you can validate a incoming XML payload against the XSD. The setting is available in the Communication channel.

>>And then this runs an executable file to map the XLM data and create an idoc in SAP.

I guess you are just talking about a java mapping here? If so this is straight forward. And you can not use complete java stack to build an interface to post idoc into SAP. The idoc adapter resides in ABAPstack. So you need dual stack (classic) configuration with RD, ID to build this interface. From PI 7.3 you have java idoc adapter and so you can use ICO (Integrated Configuration) which resides only on java stack.

>> I am just wondering how to find this interface in XI

???. I guess you mean build the interface in XI

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

>>>I am working on 7.0 support team. I got an issue where I need to validate an interface which uses java instance of XI server. And then this runs an executable file to map the XLM data and create an idoc in SAP. I am just wondering how to find this interface in XI.

If you are working on PI 7.0 then you cant do xml validation. this option is onaly available from PI 7.1.

if you are trying to check the status on java stack ex:if the message is successfull/failure.. .. then you would be able to find from runtime workbench ->message monitoring->adapter engine

>>finding your interface: you need to check the interface in ID and then filter in RWB as i said above

Regards,

Naveen

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see some conflicts in your statement.

If you are working on PI 7.0 then

a) XSD/schema validation feature is not available.

b) if you are dealing with IDOC scenario (creating as you mentioned) then PI 7.0 has idoc in abap stack. so your interface is not working on java instance. It is working on both java and abap instance.

c) To monitor at java instance, you can go to RWB and do check at message monitoring and component monitoring.

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

I am not talking about XML validations.

PI server(7.0) is having an outage and after outage we need to validate some list of interface are working fine or not.

In that list I could not identify the IR and ID object of one interface which is mentioned as "This interface do not go through XI but they use the JAVA instance on XI to run."

Thanks and Regards

Suma S

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You see in aletring, when the interface is faulty.

So in priciple you need not check each interface unless there is an alert

Here is a link that might be useful for you:

/people/rob.burbank/blog/2010/05/12/asking-good-questions-in-the-forums-to-get-good-answers