cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

We have a strange request from our client in our project. They insist that they need an additional client in SRM and ECC of QAS with new data to be tested. Server is same but just a new client.

What are the settings needed from XI side ? I have completed creating Technical and Business systems for the new client in SLD. I also understand that we need to create RFC Destinations between XI , SRM and ECC in all the scenarios in all the three servers including XI QAS.

Apart from that do I have to create anything more? Logical system, Port, Partner Profile etc for Idoc Transmission from ECC to SRM, are they client dependent ?

Again in SLD, I have grouped the Business systems into two and now the name of systems change when I transport. I mean ERD bceomes ERQ in QAS. So now I have a problem. If I edit the groupings and add new Quality Systems, it wont show to old clients in QAS.

I guess I can ONLY use either the old client or the new client in ECC and SRM for connecting to XI. Is my understanding correct ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I guess I can ONLY use either the old client or the new client in ECC and SRM for connecting to XI. Is my understanding correct

No, your undesrtanding is wrong.

You can connect several clients of a SAP system to PI. Create a unique business system for each client in SLD, import it to ID and create communicatin channels for each.

For IDoc configuration you need different logical systems for each client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I have created Group one and group two in SLD. I have put all the business systems in DEV in Group one and linked it to the appropriate business systems in Group two which contains business systems in QAS.

Now I create two more business systems in SLD and both for ECC and SRM. If I add them to the Group two then wouldn't there be a confusion as to which one to be assignes when transported to QAS. Right now when I transport a scenario from DEV to QAS, the business system of ECC_DEV changes automotically to ECC_QAS. Now if I add one more client in ECC_QAS, then I transport I can only have the name changes to either the old client of ECC in QAS or the new client of ECC in QAS. This is what I meant

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Right now when I transport a scenario from DEV to QAS, if suppose BS as are ECC_DEV_100 & ECC_QAS_200, when you do transport from DEV to QAS, the BS systems are get changes from ECC_DEV_100 to ECC_QAS_200 as per Grouping in SLD.

You need to have another client in QAS for testing of interfaces, so create another BS ex: ECC_QAS_210 in SLD and get BS from SLD into ID and do your Interface configurations for new BS ECC_QAS_210.

For ex: File to IDoc scenario, then you should have 1 RD, 2 ID, two receiver agreements and two receiver Idoc channels which points their respective clients.

We had similar kind of situation in my project and tested the interfaces using diffrent clients in QAS. here the KEY is you need to create configuration objects for BS ECC_QAS_210 for all your interfaces where BS ECC_QAS_200 exists.

If you are doing testing of Inbound interfaces with 200 clnt then the receiver system as ECC_QAS_200 in RD else testing to 210 clnt then receiver system as ECC_QAS_210. You need to change and activate RD as per your testing client of QAS.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

I am not clear with what you said. I understand that I need to create a new Buisness system in SLD and I have done that. I would like to know what about the grouping in SLD?

I can only Group one BS to another. I mean, DEV 100 can only be linked to QAS 200. Now when I include QAS 210, and import it will not automatically change to QAS_210. When I transport to QAs, how will it change to QAS_210?

Regards

Ajith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC destination created in ECC/SRM to connect PI is client independent,but RFC destination created in PI to connect ECC/srm CLIENT dependent.

You dont required new techncial System in SLD,just add one more bussiness system for new client.,create new communictaion channels to point new client.and have to create configuration stuff in ID.

thats it.

Regards,

Raj