cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliveries (LF) of RO process and OR process; to be clearly differentiated

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Client would like to create deliveries for Standard process (OR) and for Express process (RO).

(UNLIKE in standard functionality, rush order process, immediate delivery is activated)

In VL01N, the client (administrative staff) would like to see clearly which are deliveries for standard process and which are deliveries for express process. How can this requirement be met?

(currently for both processes, dlv doc type is LF with same number range etc.)

After creation of delivery #, transfer order is automatically printed in the delivering plant (WH), in this TO print out also it must be clearly mentioned that u201CStd deliveryu201D or u201CExpress deliveryu201D. How can this requirement be met?

Many thanks, in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create a new Delivery Type & assign it in the Sales Order (VOV8) & maintain necesary copy control records.

Say for Order OR you have assigned ZLF Delivery & for Order RO you have assinge YLF delivery type.

While creating Delivery thru VL01N, system will automatically pick ZLF or YLF based on Order Type which whose reference you are creating Delivery.

You can have seperate Numer Range also if required.

Now TO print out is nothing but a Smartform which is ABAP progam. In that smartform write a logic to check the Delivery Type & Print the heading Standard Delivery or Express Delivery.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gentlemen,

Many thanks for your help!

A) From your realtime experience, could you please share - Do clients have the same delivery type for standard (or) and ro (rush order) process?

If they want delivery types to be different, what are the major reasons (that have not already been discussed).

B) Business scenario is -

Orders are created at one location - Office1,

both types of deliveries (i.e. for std and express process) are created in another office - Office2.

B1) how could Office1 sent the list of all orders (std, express, return) to Office2? so that adminstrative staff can create all the deliveries.

B2) In VL01N, initial screen, even if I have 2 delivery types; for an administrative staff to know the delivery type, he/she has to go to Header level, Tab Administration; to see the delivery type. Is that correct?

Is there a way to see the delivery type or the difference in the initial screen itself? (i.e. VL01N)

Many thanks, in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A) For the clients I've worked they didn't want to differentiate deliveries between normal and Rush Orders.

Reasons: the teams/staff : shipping, transportation, logistics picking and packing are different for both and that's one of the common business reasons why Business would like to have it different.

B1) 2 options: Office1 staff downloads VA05 list of orders from systemlistdownload and send it to office 2 OR you can attach an O/P type to each order type to send an automatic email as soon the order is created.

B2) when you create ZLF doc type maintain the TEXT as 'Express Delivery', this hopefully do..as when you enter the order number and shipping point etc..on 1st screen the screen inside would read is 'Express Delivery'.

Regards,

Raghu.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

A) I have bbeen at a client-site, where there were Plant-wise Sales Order & Delivery Types. There were 12 Plants which means we had 12 Sales Order types, 12 Delivery Types & 12 Invoice Types. Each one of them had seperate Number Range.

Whether the above is technically correct or not, that is entirely different discussion. The client was pretty clear on his requirement & we had to do this for him.

The main reason was visibility of Sales from Each plant & ease of tracking & reporting.

B1) Office 1 can send list of Sales Order to Office 2 in Excel sheet taken from SAP thru VA05N, segregated / sorted based on Order Type (SO & RO).

B2) User cannot see the delivery type in VL01N initial screen. But as soon as they give Shipping POint & Sales Order Number & Press enter they go to Delivery Create Screen. Here in Header clearly in bold you will see Delivery Name (Delivery Type Description).

No need to go to header - Adminiatration Tab.

Alternatively, if Office 2 staff has authorization to Sales Order Change (Va02), they can go to VA02, enter Sales Order Number & select Sales Document - Deliver. System will directly go in respective Delivery Create Screen (& select the required Delivery Type automatically).

Hope this calrifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating the sales order you can see the shipping conditions,here for better under standing of your user you can give naming convictions like "express order" and "normal order",while creating the delivery as per the shipping condition they will process the document.

Please correct me if i wrong.

Thanks

Ram

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Would you please explain your below point, in some more detail? It is not clear to me.

From your post -

A) For the clients I've worked they didn't want to differentiate deliveries between normal and Rush Orders.

Reasons: the teams/staff : shipping, transportation, logistics picking and packing are different for both and that's one of the common business reasons why Business would like to have it different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry that was a typo---> they did want to differentiate because of the reasons I mentioned..

just to explain it little more: the transport for normal order used was by road/ship and for express orders was by air..DHL express shipments etc..and also from a work allocation/tracking perspective it was easier for the WH team to manage outbound deliveries accordingly.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the normal sales order OR: maintain LF as delivery type in shipping section of the Order type config in VOV8 and ZLF ( copy LF to ZLF) for SO doc type. And like already mentioned you can maintain diff no ranges for both docs to clearly differentiate.

Also, there are 2 options to print the required text: 1) Based on the delivery doc type, print text in the output type processing program 2) in SO creation, via user exits--> always put the text in header text and maintain copy controls so this text gets carried over to delivery and is picked up in TO printing.

I just repeated almost the same suggestion as above, without seeing it..! so above suggestion holds good.

Regards,

Raghu.

Edited by: Rags on Sep 29, 2011 10:11 AM