cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure RA to calculate WIP at REL and COS with TECO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I urgently need to configure an RA key to calculate WIP when project status is REL and COS when project status is TECO. Is it possible to achieve this with one RA key? I have configured my RA key to successfully calculate WIP at REL (based on actual costs) but I haven't been a ble to determine COS. What are the config steps please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try OKG3.

Go to expert mode ..There you should be able to configure the valuation based on the system status with the same RA key

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already configured the same RA key for system status TECO but no WIP or COS is calculated when status is TECO. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please provide me what all steps and values you've provided in the settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. Entries are:

RA Key with REL status:

RA type - F (WIP calculation on basis of actual cost)

Profit Indicator - M (With profit realization)

Valuation Basis - I (Actual Cost, Actual Revenue)

Plan Version - 0, Version f. sim. - 0, valuation level - Z, profit basis C.

RA Key with TECO status:

RA type - Z (Cancel Data of WIP Calculation and Results Analysis)

Valuation Basis - I (Actual Cost, Actual Revenue)

Plan Version - 0, Version f. sim. - 0, valuation level - Z, profit basis C.

Final RA - X

When I run KKAJ for system status REL, WIP is calculated and posted upon settlement. My expectation is that when system status is TECO and I run KKAJ, COS will then be calculated and the accounting entries passed upon settlement? This doesn't happen. When I run KKAJ with system status TECO, no values are calculated even though revenue is posted to the sales order assigned to the project. Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Need little bit of your process.

You are looking for Actual to be in REL and COS in TECO. correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to be able to calculate and post all actual costs as WIP when my project status is REL and when my project status is TECO, I then want to be able to determine Cost of Sales (actual cost).

Former Member
0 Kudos

In TECO, system always consider cost of sales as actual . it ignores the planned cost at this time. You are already posting actual cost while in REL status with your current settings . that why you are not seeing any posting in TECO mode.

why do you want to post same actual in REL and TECO mode?

can you please provide me the process. i ean the cost and revenue part and what are you trying to achieve

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the scenario, when actual costs are incurred, the clients want these actual cost to be posted as WIP provided they haven't yet delivered the project to their customer. Upon completion of the project they then want to move all costs incurred to cost of sales. What should the proper scenario be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please try these?

RA Key with TECO status:

RA type - Z (Cancel Data of WIP Calculation and Results Analysis)

Valuation Basis - J

Plan Version - 0, Version f. sim. - 0, valuation level - S, profit basis F.

Final RA - X

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the error message ' Profit basis F can only be used with sales order'

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm. I tried and I am not getting that error. Ok Try C only in Profit based and change valuation method to J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I get zero for WIP and COS. I am wondering, if I do not calculate WIP on actual costs in REL status, how else can I calculate WIP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lot of settings involved.

Are you considering Planned cost too?

normally in REL status

RA Type : F

PI: M

Valuation: o

valuation level S

Profit basis: C

project structure A

in TECO

RA Type : Z

PI: M

Valuation: I

valuation level S

Profit basis: C

project structure A

in TECO system cancel the WIP and post actual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the steps below. They are the exact settings I have so I am wondering why when I run kkaj in TECO, all values are zero including COS. Is that how it should be? What then will I settle?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you try KKA2 for a single project and see the values?

Display result analysis and simulate posting rule. then contact me to my e-mail

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have raised a similar query in one of your threads before. You could have handled this in the previous thread.

Anyway, get in touch with your CO consultant for the configuration of the specified RA key. He/She should be able to help you.

Regards,

Gokul