cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro& visual composer comparision

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

wher exactly differentiate from webdynpros to visual composer?

and i want where extensions or upgradation between

PDK->webdynpros-->Visual composer?

regards

kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Visual Composer is basically targeted for Business Analysts. And it is mostly used for demo (showcase to client purpose). Medium complex Components can be developed for using Visual composer. Even the time to develop applications is very less. It supports for all the controls whatever there in Web Dynpro.

Web Dynpro can be used to for High Complex solutions, where lot of custom operations with user inputs. Now this is the common practice to develop GUI. All the PDK Controls are available in Web Dynpro. It takes less time to Develop Applications.

PDK was used to develop GUI. By using PDK lot of custom coding for each operation.

For more information regarding VC go thru this link.

Regards,

Sridhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's an example that bridges the gap:

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/09/26/combining-abap-and-visual-composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this blog I see a Portal screen where Flash and Dynpro is combined into one page.

Is this commonly used?

I am developing an application and am trying to do it completely in Visual Composer, but if I do not succeed I can make some Web Dynpro apps to fill in the gaps.

But the Flash layout looks different from the Dynpro layout. Is it "permitted"(I mean - is it usual) to mix up those applications into one portal application?

My problem is: I am not having any frame of reference. I am only developing using the Sneak Preview, not having an SAP end-user at nearby.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All depends. In general, I don't have a problem mixing different UI types (.NET charts, VC Flash Objects, Webdynpro Objects, etc...). That being said, you need to make sure you develop an application that doesn't look like a hodgepodge of tools. Therefore, I usually try to use page layouts to drive consistency. Also, a lot of times, I'll embed the webdynpro application within an HTML iView in VC which will give it a flash frame...

Former Member
0 Kudos

VC and Webdynpro both have their place. VC is targeted to map out business processes in a dashboard type environment and allows you to do a lot without any coding. Webdynpro is a coding environment, and thus has no limitations as you can code your way out of anything. In general, I try to use VC whenever I can, but if I find a requirement that requires custom code, I use Webdynpro. Also, I use NetWeaver Developer Studio to build services that I can use in VC.