cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuple Assignment workaround

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have tuple and Main table as well,our requirement is to validate and assign a value of main table field to tuple field at the time of record saving.But the "Assignment" feature is disabled at tuple level.

Please assist me whether there is any workaround for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

VKANC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We created a field in the main table so that it could enable the assignments.

Now in the syndication map ,we are mapping this field with destination field without being generated in source system and similar mapping in the import map as well.

So the main table field acts like a place holder for the assigned number.

Thanks,

VKANC9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the update.

Yes, post assignments are run on main table fields,the so populated data is to sit in Tuple via a syndication followed by a import into Tuple field.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How does this work with Qualified table!!!

I have a Qualified table with 3 Fields.

A,B,C.

A and B are poplualted automatically by incoming file.

Now i need to popluate C by comparing with main table field and A!!!!!!!

If i create a dummy field called Dummy C in main table, How does it populate values for each Qualified link.

i.e Lets say my record has 3 Qualified links.

If i write an assignment (Assignment result field ''DUmmy c'') and place this validation in Work flow,as soon as record arrived this WF triggers and the Dummy C should hold 3 values because there are 3 Qualified links to validate with!!!

But the Dummy field is a normal text fiedl which holds only one value at a time...

So this work around will not work for Qualified tables ???

Also i have the following assumptions..Please correct me if i am wrong!!

Assignments:

First thing i observed is WE CANNOT WRITE ASSIGNMENT RESULTS on Tuple/Qualified Fields.

Validations:

I can write validations across main table and Qualified table Fields

I cannot write validations across main table field and Multi valued Tuple

I can write validation across Main table field and SIngle value Tuple

I can write validations with in Multi valued tuple and not across main table.

KR

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

We've already cosidered this option but once if the record gets syndicated then it would hit the destination remote system, which causes the IDOC to fail since the tuple needs to be updated before the destination remote system receives the record.

Or is there a possibility that the workflow can take care that the IDoc syndication happens only after the tuple updation ?

Or can that record be locked for syndiaction until tuple gets updated completely ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

You got me a bit wrong there.

See suppose you want to populate tuple this way,and you have fields A,B,and C in Tuple.

Field X is man table filed and Primary key.

Now suppose my sap mdm wf get triggered on record import.

Step1. Record imported and WF launched.

Step2. Assignments populated for dummy A,dummy B,and dummy C fields in Main table.Post that you syndicate this file containing Main tale data only to new Port (Not of remote client).

Step3.You create a inbound Port and set it automatic.You create a import map with Main table mapping of X and mapping dummy A,B,C to Tuple A,B,C,setting appropriate Tuple import criteria.

Step4.Now PI picks this file which you syndicated in step 2 and puts into the inbound port created in step 3.

Step 5.Tuple data is imported and you can now do a 2nd syndication to Remote client.

Please note you have to give the WF that much time lag so that PI can pick the syndicated file and put in inbound port.

This can be achieved by putting a Process step in the WF.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Kindly close or update the thread.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VKANC,

To handle in MDM is the easiest option,which requires you to syndicate the main table data using MDM WF.

PI will pick the files from the port where main table data has been syndicated and put to one inbound port.

From this inbound port data can be imported into Main table,please note you should put in appropriate crieteria for Tuple import here.

Another option is to use Java/ABAP APIs.

Thanks,

Ravi