Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idle hours in confirmation in CN25

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do i calculate the idle hours during confirmation.

For eg. if for completion of a particular activity it requires 8 hours in a day and if labour are only devoting 4 hours working and remaining 4 hours he is remained idle due to some training issue, then how will i calculate cost seperately for the idle hours and costseprately the 4 hours which he utilized in working in confirmation screen in CN25.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Your question harbours more on the ethical side rather than the system itself. If a person confirms 8 hrs work daily how would you know if he has worked for all the 8 hrs.

In anycase, you may want to look at the concept of timesheets (CATS) to cater to this particular requirement. The confirmations can be drawn from there.

Another option, if possible would be to make the resource confirm only the actual work done (i.e. if he/she works for 4 hrs then that is what should be input in CN25 regardless of the planned hrs) and not mark it as complete. In any project structure report (for example CN41N) you can see the remaining work for each individual activities.

Regards,

Ammar

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for inputs,

The scenario which i am facing is that, though the employee was present for the entire shift i.e for 8 hours but due to some emergency he needs to devote half the time i.e 4 hours in training and 4 hours in completion of the work. Now my client want that he should confirm 4 hours which he actually devoted on the work so that the cost can be calculated and the remaining hours i.e 4 which is he attended for the training needs to be confirmed as well and the training 4 hours should not effect the actual costing of that particular activity but should be shown seperately as the labour cost incurred for training.

The issue is the time not spent on the actual work and it could be training or machines not working or any other cause.

look forward for your inputs

Regards

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you to use the CATS functionality for this. This can be easily catered using CATS. CATS gives you that added flexibility as far as confirmations are concerned. Using CATS the resource can book his/her timesheet accordingly for the said activity. To know more on CATS you can refer SAP Help, search the forum or get in touch with your HR consultant.

In case of any specific queries please revert.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for your prompt revert.

I would suggest my client to use eCats (CAT2 and CATA) for measuring the idle hours.

I conclude from the discussion that it is not possible to calculate the idle hours in SAP PS confirmation screen as of now.

Thanks and Regards

Simon Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can do this using CN25. Why don't you try using CATS for this?

Regards,

Gokul