cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS-RM adapter or SOAP for use with third party applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have some doubts regarding WS-RM and SOAP adapters.

Can it be used to integrate different 3rd party applications ?(JAVA or .NET platform)

If it can't be used SOAP is the only solution right?

Any Authentication Assertion Tickets can be used with SOAP? Then how?

Can we configure principal propagation for 3rd party applications?

Regards,

Dhanish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though WS adapters support Prinicipal propagation and SAML , it is mainly used for communication between SAP Systems using direct connection. SOAP adapter is better choice for communication between SAP and third party applications.

SOAP adapter supports principal propagation and authenication assertion.

Prinicipal propagation for BPM not supported.

Refer this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/808d3048-638c-2a10-35a6-faa48e50a...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar

I have gone through your link some time back. But in this pdf there is no explanation on how to achieve assertion or principal propagation for third party applications.

Only one line is there >>"Non-SAP systems might support SAP logon ticket authentication by using the SSOext.dll library".

Any idea?

Thanks,

Dhanish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you work this out?

I have third party provider and I need to consume their webservice using reliable messaging, but I don't know how to set this up. I need to go through PI and was thinking of using WS adapter...

Kind Regards,

Pernille

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanish,

Purpose of WS adapter is manily to integrate System which is having SAP WAS,so mainly we use it for SAP System integrations (direct connection mechanism).

SOAP adapter is the ideal choice in your case to integrate .net /JAVA base systems.

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/09/28/how-to-integrate-net-microsoft-applications-and-sap-ecc-using-sap-process-integration

refer above blog.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thank you for the latest link.

So using SAP .NET connector at 3rd party end and SOAP adapter in PI we can configure this.

In addition to this we want to propagate user credentials to the target system (to a receiver .Net application). How can we achieve this? Any idea?

Thanks,

Dhanish