Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Unit of Measure in APO ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your expert help...

Where is the provision to find Order UOM in APO Product master ? (The equivalent field in ECC material master is 'Order Unit' in Purchasing tab)

In APO product master, I can find 'Base UOM' & the conversion of other UOM in the tab to "unit of measure' of product master. But no where, am able to find Order UOM.

Thanks for your time...

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge, there is no place you can maintain other UoMs in Product master other than the 'Unit of Measure' tab. You can maintain the order unit of measure with conversion factor in the same tab.

Can you please tell me why do you want to enter Order UOM in Product master?

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. We are using SNC of SCM box and we wish to covert the elements of demand to order UOM on the DR and SNI screen. Since the demand data from ECC is always posted in Base UOM in SNC, its required for us to know the order UOM in SNC so that we can do the necessary conversion.

Thanks,

Krishna

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna

How about using the material CIF user exit and adding custom logic in the same to map the order unit from R/3 to some custom field in material - location table in APO ?

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aparna.. We thought about it incase there is no standard field which carries the order unit to product master.

In APO product master we have the free attribute fields. Am planning to use one of them.. Any idea which CIF user exit i need to use so that i can link the order unit in ECC to the free attribute in SCM. Can you pls throw some light in relation to the code that needs to be written ..

Thanks,

Krishna

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use XCIFU01 in case you want to put the logic in a user exit.

I believe you would have thought about the option of maintaining the values in APO directly using MASSD or manually. But if you do that you have to know that the value you have maintained will get overwritten with blank everytime the material undergoes a change in R/3 and gets CIF'ed over to APO

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply...

Maintaining the value directly in APO was never an otpoin we considered as the source of this order UOM is ECC and in SCM we want this to be automatically populated from ECC, based on the changes done in ECC for this order Unit at a material level.

Seems, enhancing the CIF exit for material master is the only option we have.

Regards,

Krishna