cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does a repository goto the state "MDM Repository must be restarted"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Can you please tell me what is the reason behind repostory going into "MDM Repository must restarted" state.

Loading and unloading the repository helps but can you please tell me the reason for going into this state.

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This might be happening due to your DBMS jobs.

If possible, try to stop all your DBMS jobs like Indexing/Backup etc. and try to reproduce the error.

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambhu,

Thanks for your response.

The repository was working fine after a upgrade which we did a month back.

And one day the users were unable to accept workflows and work on data,and this error was displayed.

It is very difficult to reproduce this.

I searched for the documentation and that does not talk about the reason or how can we avoid this scenario.

If you come across some please share.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

just guessing, but when a repository is started, its content is stored in the main memory of the server. Most probably there are some checks about the memory status that are failing. This can be resolved by restarting the repository. I'd say it's kind of a security mechanism so that you don't mess up your data.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your guidance!

So if I am not wrong,it means that accelerators which are used to access the repository data needs to be updated.

It is possible that data has undergone lot of change since the last time accelerators were updated.

I ask this as I am doing Root Cause Analysis of a recently caused problem.

Thanks,

Ravi