cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form : Extended text area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client requested an interactive adobe form where they can enter text like a word file. Once the layout field comes to an end, the text area should be extended automatically for them to key in more text. is it possible. Please advice.

Thanks

Maanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to make your subform Flowable - this allows your text box to expand as the user types in data. also, your text box properties need to be set to Expand dynamically (I forget the actual checkbox name), but it's in Layout pallette.

You'll have to be a little careful if your text box spans more than 1 page.. you will want to play around with the "allow page breaks" check box.

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

I think you have to set the Text Area property somewhere to make it expandable as long as the UI field length is enough it will grow when user will add the text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

I have the similar kind of requirement, where I am displaying the Notification longtext fro SAP. I have made the text box editable, so that the user can input as many text lines as he wants. This is client's requirement.

I have wrapped my textbox in a Flowed subform and also checked the Expand to fit property for the text box.

But still my text box's height is not dynamic. The height of the box is fixed according to the no of lines coming from SAP. If I want to add more lines, the box is not increasing in height. Similarly, when I am deleting some of the text, the box size is not reducing.

Do you have any idea, how can I achieve this requirement?

Do I need to use script for this? Or I can achieve this without scripting?