Did you mean: 

tag commisioning - error

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I try to do tag commisioning

I see: ERROR: no data saved

I don't see anything in the application weblog (ABAP stack)

is there any other place I can check ?

Regards,

michal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

This may help.

CHECK your RFID device group settings in easy access screen menu. Against the Device controller name in the column RFC destination Check the RFC destination which you are using.

Check this RFC destination is functioning.

If lets say you have mentioned the AIN RFC destination against the device controller in RFID device master data definition in easy access screen.

Go to SM 59 ...Go to AIN RFC connection. If you have mentioned any path prefix like /sap/scm/ain remove that.

maintain service as 50100(what ever is applicable in your case of webdynpro). Test the connection and now check the tag commissioning.

If it works let me know. if it works i will tell you the reason why it is not functioning as per my understanding

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit it works now ))

thanks very much

>>>>if it works i will tell you the reason why it is not functioning as per my understanding

please do:)

I have an RFC type R3 oever there which was probably

a mistake

but the sad thing is that I wasn't able to

trace the error with any trace....

do you know any way to trace such errors?

the log in visual admin (AIN)

does not work in my system (doesn't log anything)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

The transaction SLG1 will help you analyze the errors as it maintains log of every transaction you carry out in AII.

If the RFC destinations are incorrect then the log is not maitained this is my observation.

Because while working on Auto Id test tool kit in Easy access menu if you try to simulate the PML/ALE message and give wrong RFC destination System says " Message send Successfully" but log is not mentioned.

I believe in your case lets say your Autoid communicates with the ABAP engine through RFC AIN and you maintain path prefix as <b>/sap/scm/ain</b>(this is the http service to commincate with Device controller with PML/ALE format). So when you carry out the tag commissioning in Autoid Cock pit, the RFC destination maintained against the Device Controller in RFID device settings (easy access screen) gets called and if you have maitained path prefix as /sap/scm/ain or any other wrong path prefix it expects the message format of the respective type which you are not sending when commissioning through Autoid cockpit. This gets resolved by mentioning what i said in my earlier mail.

I hope this helps. please ask doubts so that it helps me understand my lack of understanding if any.

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Amit,

I am not very sure about it, but i guess JCo connections just appears like an RFC destination & it doesn't deal with any of RFC dest..

Any way , it's working fine right...

regards,

arul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

is not the Webdynpro connected with ABAP engine?

if Webdynpro ultimately calls the ABAP rules then it has to through some channel of communication. correct me if i am wrong.

What you are saying is right about JCO connections... then how come i was able to solve the problem..

even though there was no problem with my JCO connections.

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michal/amit,

Tag Commissioning from webdynpro may not create trouble because of the RFC destinations, since it use the JCO connections. This is how it seems to me , but my understanding could also be wrong.

If the webdynpro application is loading in your browser then the problem is not with JCO connections.

michal, is the webdynpro application working perfectly.

Regarding log, check if you have enabled application log while configuring as below.

IMG Customization --> AutoID --> Conditions & message types --> Define cond. & log.

regards,

arul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michal,

I guess ur trying the Tag commisioning form UI for mobile , right. Possible cause could be improper configuration of ID standard, company prefix ....

Try to be specific on the Error...

The right place to check for Log is

Easy Access --> Auto ID --> monitoring ---> application LOG. ( for this u should have enabled logging during configuration )

regards,

arul.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I guess ur trying the Tag commisioning form UI for mobile , right.

I'm trying to do it from

/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/ainsodesktop/DesktopApp

this is the whole error I see and I don't know where

to check fo more error descriptions...

>>>>Easy Access --> Auto ID --> monitoring ---> application LOG.

nothing here as I said

>>>>for this u should have enabled logging during configuration

<b>can you tell me where I can enable logging

for wedynpro part of AII</b> ?

thanks

Regards,

michal