cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Repository not Connecting after Server shifting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here We have SAP MDM 7.1 06 on Windows Server 2008 R2 with Oracle.

Recently we have shifted our MDM Server from 1 Data Center to Another Data Center, After this change MDM Instances started successfully.

1st Problem:

Now the problem is, i am not able to connect repository (Error is: Repository connect failed, Invalid Object State). After i mount the MDM Server in console, repository not connecting.

2nd Problem:

when i right click on MDM Server in Console, even i am not able to connect Databse in DBMS Setting (Error is: Unable to connect with Database server).

Need Help to fix this issue at the earliest.

Did some searches on net and sdn forums but couldn't get right solutions.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed -

Have you created new oracle MDM DB account for it.Specifically, after you invoke the particular MDM command that accesses the DBMS, MDM opens the MDM DBMS Server Account dialog asking if you would like to create a new account.

When you access the first instance via MDM, you can accept the default paths. When you then access the second instance, be sure to enter a Data File Path and Index File Path that are different from the corresponding paths you specified for the first instance

After doing that restart your DB server and then MDM server again. It should work. Please revert with your findings.

hth

thx

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I couldn't understand you. I am new to MDM.

Can you pls explain in details.

We jus shifted our SAP MDM server from one place to another place. only public IP changed, even internal IP and settings all remaining the same.

thanks

Ahmed.

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahemd,

When you placed your MDM server with Oracle DB first time it asked you Index path/File path. Then your DB Admin/Basis must have set it up for you. Next time when you are taking your data center these corrosponding setting for DB which was specific for MDM earlier needs to be update as well with new parameters.

after that when you restart your DB and MDM server and connect with your Oracle DB first and then MDM server.

hth

thx

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks For your support.

The issue has been solved.

Problem was: MDM Server and Repository was not connecting to DB, due to sever shifting to new location with different public IP.

Solution is: when i check the tnsnames.ora file in the below location Old public IP was given so, now i just changed the newly assigned public IP, (Under file path: <Drive>:\oracle\SID\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN).

After the change and update of new public IP in tnsnames.ora, we have restart the MDM instances and DB from OS Level.

After this activity, DB connection issue was solved, then now i am able to connect to existing MDM repository.

Thanks

Ahmed

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are glad to hear that.

thx

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

MDM server not connecting to DB since im unable to connect to repository.

The same issue happened long back and i fixed the issue by changing the Public IP in tnsnames.ora file.

But now again i am facing the same issue but everything looks fine.

Pls let me know any solution for this issue.l

thanks

Ahmed S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ahmed,

A server restart can help you in this.

Also please confirm that your database password is right.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have restarted the server (Host).

And check again still facing same problem.

Database password is right, i have checked the SYSTEM user status its in "Open" only.

Even i tried connecting also it works.

SQL> conn system/<Password>

Connected.

SQL>

Thanks

Ahmed