cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate PDF Documentation issue 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Trying to get the generate documentation work in 12.1 version of MII. Below are the steps followed as per note 1325997

Downloaded the PDF Actions files.

Downloaded the iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar files.

Custom action updated with PDFActions.jar as the assembly .jar file, and iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar as the dependency .jar files.

Deployed the custom action.

Added all the PDF actions directly to a new role and assigned it to the user XMII_PDFAction_all, XMII_PDFService, XMII_PDFAction_R , XMII_PDFAction_RWD.

Workbench does show up with PDF action blocks like PDF Document, PDF Table...etc but seems to be an issue as these do not look like the standad actions with no icons attached to them. Tried to create a new trx and include any actions to the sequence, no luck as it doesn't assigns the PDF action. Also the generate document option is still grayed out.

Anything related to SP version..?

Is anything thats missing..?

Have searched for other threads related to PDF but couldn't find similar issue. Tried multiple custom action uploads and deployment but still the generate document is not enabled. Also tried to deploy the PDF Actions zip file for 12.0 version (Note: 1109054) but that too doesn't work out.

Appreciate your help !!

Regards,

Gilmour

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilmour and Manoj - I am also trying to implement the PDF actions, but I am working on 12.2. I was able to find the iText.jar version 1.4.5 but can't seem to locate the iTextAsian.jar.

Can you tell me where I can download the iTextAsian.jar file?

I have downloaded the PDFAction.jar file from the SAP Note 1325997, so I just need the iTextAsian.jar file to start the implementation.

Thank you,

Mari Santangelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilmour,

Make sure version of iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar should be 1.4.5.

most of the times it is the version issue of above files.

I have tried on both MII version 12.0 and 12.1 it is working fine for me, I have those iText files but here is no way to share same.

Hope it help!!

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare