Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated schedule line at item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have following issue:

There is a sales order already created. Then user is trying to add a new item into existing order however system is duplicating schedule line only for this new item. I need your help to understand why system only duplicate SL for one item and sometimes it make it for all item in the order.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help!! Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your responses.

Check example below:

I created an sales order on 06.09.2011. Requested delivey date assigned was 07.09.2011. When order was created, 3 items were added.

On 20.09.2011 a new item was added, for this specific item the system generated double SL, one with original deliv date and a new one with system confirmed date.

In the other hand , I had a similar order created on 02.09.2011 and changed on 20.09.2011. For this order when new item was added, the system generated double SLs for all items.

So I am trying to find out when system generated double SL for only one item and when for all the items in the order.

Please your input.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alonso Calderon

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check with your copy control settings VTAA there you have an option copy schedule line why can't you make a try with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also for the scenario when SL is duplicated only the new item added, If I run availability check manually for each item the system updates the SLs and generated double entry. So seems that for some reason in some scenarios the system do not update automatically SL for older items when new item is added.

Please your input,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Division of shedule line depends on the diffrence of required delivery date and confirmed delivery date, check both dates in your case and also the avilibility of the said material on both dates, if it is avilable on the required delivery date than system will propose only one shedule line, else it will split it into two.

thanks,

Sandeep Singh Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi et al,

Thanks for your participation.

I would like to share something interesting that I found in order to get your inputs.

I noticed that when sales order has date assigned on field "Requested Delivery Date To" and this date is the past already, when new material is added into existing order the system only generate new SL for new item and the other ones keep same data at SL level.

After that, if availability check process is executed manually for order's items, the system now recalculate SL for all items keeping old one with 0 confirmend and the new one with quantity confirmed.

Please your input.

regards

Alonso Calderon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is what i was trying to make you understand that system proposed two shedule line if material is not avilable to deliver on the required delivery date.

this is controlled by both Avilibility check as well as Shedule controlls.

as you said in your case required delivery date is in past and actual delivery date is differ thats y system proposed two shedule lines.

thanks,

Sandeep Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shedule line depends on avilability of material, if material is avilable on the Delivery date put in the Sales order than system creates one shedule line for that material and if the delivered quantity is not confirmed on that required delivery date than system create two shedule line first with the required delivery date Ordered Quantity with 0 confirmed quantity and second with actual delivery date with confirm quantity.

Suggest you to check avilability of the material on the required delivery date.

thanks,

Sandeep Singh Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in V0V5 wheather you assigned schedule line proporly.

and do you maintained any manual SL ?