cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC CUP 5.3 SP16.3 -init system data files

Former Member
0 Kudos

1). Does anyone know that if you have already configured your CUP system and created workflows and then SAP tells you to apply the latest SP to fix an issue and reload the init system data files. Is reloading these latest SP init system data files for CUP going to overwrite the configuration in CUP, all the config changes and workflow developments that we've already done? Or how would you upgrade loading the init system data files on the latest SP level without overwriting your changes in CUP? And there's not much info on the CUP-->configuration>Upgrade feature.

I've been having trouble reading the CAD (custom approver determinator) approvers into the workflow stages, and SAP told us to apply the latest init system files to it with not much direction if it will overwrite our current changes, etc..

2). And also, how can you export the configuration of CUP workflows and data from a GRC dev system to a GRC Production system instead of having to re-configure everything manually? Is there any area where you can do that as it was available in RAR to import and export config and rules data to other GRC front ends.

Greatly appreciate anyone's help.

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alley,

1) After the upgrade and upload of init files, the workflows and configurations will not get deleted. The upgrade will not overwrite the changes. You can refer to the below SAP Notes for some post upgrade tasks of CUP

1257252-Post Upgrade tasks of CUP

1507749- CUP Logo not appearing after upgradeSP13

1514110- Request types not listed after CUP upgrade

2) There are options of export and import of workflows at initiator with templates and for approvers you have options of uploading. But there is no option like RAR for export and import of configuration settings to my knowledge

Best Regards,

Srihari.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri for your answer. Actually I noticed in the Init System data files load data area..there is also the option to export the configuration of workflows and other settings in that same tab ..and I think that would help in importing to the other GRC system like from development/testing to Production GRP system. So, just wanted to let you know on it. I haven't tried it yet but I think that will export the workflow and other main configuration settings so you don't have to manually do that in the other system as well.

Thanks,

A.