cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP1 Solution Manager EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´m interested on to install the EHP5 for ERP6.0, but I´ve found the next doubt while I was reading the guides and notes. It´s mandatory to have the EHP1 for the solution manager for to generate the xml for the EHP5?

Could be a way to install the EHP5 without the EHP1 for the solution manager?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

>

> I´m interested on to install the EHP5 for ERP6.0, but I´ve found the next doubt while I was reading the guides and notes. It´s mandatory to have the EHP1 for the solution manager for to generate the xml for the EHP5?

>

> Could be a way to install the EHP5 without the EHP1 for the solution manager?

>

>

> More thanks

Hello,

As already mentioned by Joas, Solution manager should be with EhP1 and with certain SP level as well.

However, I would like to clear the air a bit.

We can install ECC 6 EhP5 without 'XML' as well. The installation will be 'ECC 6 EhP5 Ready' with 'Central Application' component. Rest of the business component will not be 'EhP5'. This is where then you have to upgrade this 'Ehp5 Ready' system to 'EhP5' for all the business components. In other words, Solution manager should be EhP1 SPSx to upgrade this ehp5 ready system and to generate proper XML file for this upgrade. Core ehp5 ready installation can be done without ehp1 in solman however, but not much 'Usable'.

So, better to keep solution manager updated before we go ahead to install and use ECC 6 EhP5 ! For further knowledge, please go through the installation guides once more.

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is true to have EHP1 Solution Manager to upgrade to EHP5 without this you will not SP's for EHP5.

Thanks

Sunny

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

It´s true! It´s mandatory to have the solution manager EHP1 at least with Stack 23... only thus is it possible to generate the .XML and and have access to enhancement packages queue in Maintenance Optimizer (MOPZ) in solution manager queue calculation!

regards,

Joao Dimas