Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert rules

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have abt 70 interfaces between system A and system B . Also there are another 30 interfaces from System A to System C

My question is how many alert rules should I create. Should I have 1 alert rules for each namespace ( then I will have to create abt 100 alert rules )

OR should i create the alert rules based on systems like one alert rule between system A and B and another alert rule between system A and C ..that ways I need to create only 2 alert rules....

which one of these options is right ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are many POV. you could read thru this to get an idea - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/04/27/alert-management-and-categorization-in-pi--a-view-point

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

so in my case if i create only 2 rules ..one between sys A and sys B and other between System A and C will that work

Also can I use the same alert category across all the alert rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>so in my case if i create only 2 rules ..one between sys A and sys B and other between System A and C will that work

yes

>>Also can I use the same alert category across all the alert rules

yes..u can create as many alert rules as u want on the same alert category..

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

you can use 2 alert rules.. one between sys A and sys B and other between System A and C and you can use the same alert category across all the alert rules..

Regards,

Naveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
>should i create the alert rules based on systems like one alert rule between system A and B and another alert rule between system A and C ..that ways I need to create only 2 alert rules....

I like above way.