Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element locked or closed?

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of the consultant was rolled out from the project, and we want to remove that consultant from the project. Can you please suggest whether i have to lock the wbs 2nd level or close the wbs element. For further reports i should not want that consultant to be pulled in the report.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can lock / close the WBS Element if you do not expect any further activity in it. You also mentioned about the consultant being rolled off. Are you talking about person in the project team? If yes, then did you try to removing him from teh team?

Regards

Sreekanth

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you srikanth, but i lock the project only after removing them from 3rd level WBS,eventhough the report is showing the emp details like name, start date and end date?

I dont want his information in our z report.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is a Z-report, then you have to add appropriate logic there. May be to exclude the locked / closed WBS Elements to be excluded from showing up or something similar.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Analyse the existing logic and check from where the employee details are getting fetched in the Z report. You can then modify the logic accordingly. As suggested in the post above, write a logic in such a way that it excludes WBS that are closed/locked.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gokul

karthik_k3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

Can anyone tell me from where (which table)can i get the details of WBS that was locked or closed?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the table JEST. Search the forum to get more on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also check JCDS as it gives with the time stamp and user who made the change.

You would also need TJ02T to intrepret the status from JCDS /JEST.

regards

Sreekanth

Edited by: Sreekanth P S on Sep 29, 2011 10:11 AM