Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer character spacing problem

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing a problem with the character spacing of a printer. We used to print certain forms on a HP LaserJet 2300 printer using

the ZHPLJCM1 device type. That printer was replaced by a HP CP2025N. The device type of this new printer is ZI7HP4.

The problem is that the forms are not printed correctly on the new printer. It seems that the printed characters have no spaces

between them. The letters of each word are adjacent to each other. The numbers however are printed correctly.

Can anyone provide any help on this?

Regards,

Eleni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you get the same result if you print via windows and deviec type SWINCF or I7SWIN??

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have used a user defined printer Z*.

In wich language do you print?

Because I7 is for the languages, that are mapped in UNICODE area ISO8859-7 (greek(?))

Do you print sapscript in batch mode? Maybe the new printer uses different resident fonts, so you have to map the fonts in your sapscript form or in the output device.....

Regards,

Christian

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thank you for your reply. The device type I used is provided by HP on their site. We print in Greek and that is why I used I7.

We do not use sapscript in this case. The program in question simply uses 'write' to print the data.

Regards,

Eleni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the output is right in an old device, you should check if there are some SAP note about that new device or you should discuss about that issue with your basis it doesn't seem to be an Abap problem

Max

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you for your replies. It seems that it is a printer initialialization issue. When I change the printer initialization PCL code

the result comes closer to the requirement. However I am not sure if that is the correct way to go.

The problem is that I cannot find a complete guide for the PCL commands.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Regards,

Eleni