cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue for SAP on Oracle Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to build a demo SAP on my own computer for my customers. I just received all the kit from SAP AG but there is a lot of documentation and I really don't know where to begin.

I already installed Oracle linux Enterprise in a Virtual Environment (Vmware) and I want my SAP Netw 7.0 on it. An Oracle 10g database has been also installed in the linux environment. My goal is to maintain the SAP GUI in windows7 on the same laptop and make it communicate to the Application and database maintained on my virtual environment.

I succeeded to mount the media in the drive but after the start of the SAPINST in linux, I'm lost.

I know that I'm more a functional than technical but I want to learn.

Thanks to help me.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I already installed Oracle linux Enterprise in a Virtual Environment (Vmware) and I want my SAP Netw 7.0 on it. An Oracle 10g database has been also installed in the linux environment.

For Oracle this procedure is wrong. You start sapinst first, the environment is created, sapinst requests you to install the database. You install the database software, the latest patchset and the latest PSU patch and then move on.

This is all covered, as mentioned, in the installation guide. It's a lot of documentation, yes, but you're installing a huge system, even if it stays in your case quite small. Don't expect this to be a sapinst-next-next-finish installation.

> My goal is to maintain the SAP GUI in windows7 on the same laptop and make it communicate to the Application and database maintained on my virtual environment.

This should work technically, if you have the RAM.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

>

>

> I succeeded to mount the media in the drive but after the start of the SAPINST in linux, I'm lost.

>

>

> Regards

What problem you face when you start SAPinst ? Sorry to say, but this is normal that first we have to read the documentation before we execute/implement anything. Installation guide will guide you step by step.

Thanks