cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Consumption and Requirements Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am having a forecast consumption for sales order in planning book, however instead of consuming the forecast, the sales order, delivery qty is adding to give the Total demand.

For example: If forecast on date 29.09 is of qty 150

and we have sales order + delivery of qty 50 on date 29.09,

The total demand is showing as addition of 150 + 50 = 200 in planning book.

Ideally Total Demand should be showing as 100, when the sales order of qty 50 consume forecast of 150.

I have checked all the config spro parameter, it looks me ok,

in product master i am using;

Requirements Strategy = 20

Cosumption mode = 2

i having backward n forward consumption period as 30.

i have rerun the report /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST, but issue still persists.

Please help me soon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

Couple of things to check in product view ( RRP3)

Check whether the sales orders are actually consuming forecast in forecast tab of product master. If not your consumption it self is not working

In the same product view, while being in elements tab, enter GT_IO in the command space ( where you enter transaction codes in SAP) and a new screen appears with details of the forecast. Check whether the sales order and forecast both have requirements strategy 20.

If the forecast was released when you have the strategy as 10, and then the strategy is changed 20, the system does not change the forecast strategy it still stays as 10, leading to no consumption

Also in R/3

Go to sales order in VA03, procurement tab and check if the requirements type is KSV

and also in SPRO in strategy for the material, check if the requirements type is set to KSV (Sales order with consumption) and the consumption is set a value, 1 or 2 or 3, depending on your business case.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still getting issue, i have all configuration parameter, it looks me ok.

However the sales order qty is getting added to forecast, please help me.

Regards

Gajendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

Please check "check mode" what you have maintained, Check mode controls the consumption of PIR/forecast or Whearhouse stock..etc.As in R/3 Planning strategy and Requirement strategy forms the relation for consumption.

Thanks and Regards

Niteen

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check whether consumption is working in //RRp3.If consumption is correct in //RRp3 and not in planningbook then

check the category settings.In SPRO->APO->SNP->basic settings->Maintain Category Groups->select the category group which is assgined to forecast keyfigure->categories,here make sure that for category FA(forecast) the field 'QTY type' is

blank (Pegging-Relevant Quantity).

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

I have checked the forecast consumption in RRP3, it is working fine, it is not working in planning book.

could you please elaborate on your last reply... how to check and where to check.

Early reply is awaited...

Regards

Gajendra

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

Are you using the standard SNP planning book 9ASNP94 or the customized one? Since the quantities are correct in Product view, it seems, there is something wrong with your planning area key figure settings.

Please compare your planning area with the standard planning area 9ASNP02, especially Key figure details section.

Regards,

Manimaran M.