cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you mass load user mitigations in RAR 5.3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if you can perform a mass load of user mitigations in RAR? We are in GRC 5.3 SP 13.

Our user group is about to make some RAR ruleset changes that will result in a lot of new SODs. Because of this they are looking at having to enter hundreds of new user mitigations. They keep saying that someone told them you could do mass loads in 5.3.

The only thing I can find is the mitigation export/import utilities, but I can't get it to import new records. I can export the data and then import the same file back in, but can't get new records to import. I've tried to load the exported file into Excel, add the new records, and then save as a text file, but the import utiility keeps finding errors with the new file.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

We faced similar issue in our project and mitigation file was not getting uploaded due to invalid date format. Please make the date format as 2011-2-25 2012-2-25 (separate by hyphen). After downloading, if you try to change it through excel then the date format changes to 2011/2/25 2012/2/25, thus making the file upload a problem. So, just give a try by uploading the text file as date format shown below:

VALIDFROM VALIDTO

2011-2-25 2012-2-25

Thanks

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was it! I updated the files and made sure the date was in the "2012-09-30" format and the Import worked.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

wow!!! great.. can you please close this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I can recommend some ideas:

Check that the file you are trying to upload has tab's between fields.

Check the systems that you are trying to upload. (i mean sometimes i exported mitigation data from production systems and i tried to upload in preproduction system, but the backends connected were differents)

I hope it help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm saving the file out of Excel as Text (tab delimited).

I'm also using the exact same file I just exported out of our test system to load back into the test system, so data-wise everything should match. I'm just opening it in Excel and then saving it as a text file.

When I try to import back in the originl export file (where I exported all tables), I always get an error about the SQL insert values.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

One more thing, convert the file to UTF without BOM.

Tell us something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what exactly is "UTF without BOM". I can open the file in Notepad and save as UTF-8 (just tried it, didn't work). Saving out of Excel it doesn't give me any other options to go with the Text (tab delimited) type.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

UTF without BOM is an option that Notepad++ gives you. Format>Convert to UTF without BOM.

Let's see....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have Notepad++. In my version, the only options under Format are Word Wrap and Font.

Is there another way to do this conversion?

Seems strange that the import would only work with a file you can only create with a specific version of Notepad.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Yeah, i know that seems strange, but in some cases i've had serious problems with the format of the file.

Another point, make sure there is a blank line at first of the file.

Cheers.