cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated Invoice Posted to Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I got an issue with Duplicated invoices.

For one delivery 2 invoices created out of which one is Duplicate.

For other delivery 4 Invoices created out of which 3 are Duplicates.

The Biggest problem is that

1. All 6 invoices posted to accounting.

2. the duplicated invoices are not there in the Data base. When we try to check in SE16N VBRK we are getting Document does not exist problem.

Now the issue is to find out how it is happened and we need to reverse the accounting entries posted to duplicated invoices.

My Analysis:

SAP Notes OSS 12934-Duplicated Invoices, 152051. These are not helping

Could any body help me on this issue.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SASi,

The highest possibility why these invoice numbers were not created is because of 'Update Termination Errors'.

You can go to tcode SM13 and with the help of your ABAP consultant, analyze why the termination occurred.

Or, you can share the SM13 analysis here and further help can be provided.

The accounting documents can be reversed using tcode FB08--however, pls consult your FI consultant before doing that.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for information.

We checked the SM13 there are no termination errors for that user. To cancle accounting document we need the SD document fir FI.

Thanks,

SASI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sasi, interesting.. pls check if there are any dumps in ST22 on that day/ those days.

There is also the possibility that the log on termination errors are cleared on the same day..?

If you've already checked that too..then you might consider contacting SAP.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks a lot for every one for different analysis.

We still not got any root cause for this but SAP having the solution to delete the excess recievable. They remove the link between SD and FI so that we can reverse FI document alone.

One more solution is that SAP will delete them using some Z reports.

I got some more analysis for SAP about Root cause but not satisfactionary.

Thanks for all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

SAP has given some Z reports for deleting redundant accounting documents and still analyzing root cause.

I am not sure how those programs work and let you know after i got clarity on the programs.

Thanks for your help

SASi

0 Kudos

Hi Sasi

When you have such inconsistencies between SD & FI usually note 92592

will allow you to resolve them. Also note note 571073 can be useful. In your

case I suspect you will be able to cancel the duplicates in SD and the statuses

of the other documents will be unaffected.

If you are left with inconsistent postings in FI after you have eradicated the

duplicates SAP will correct the entries for you if needs be under component

FI-GL-GL-X

Kind regards

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for different notes related to this issue.

I will check and let you know if those notes useful for me.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

The note you mentioned 92592 is not there in OSS search please check if any thing missed in the number.

Thanks afor your help

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Hi

I cheked with my FI colleagues. The note has been removed recently because there were some issues and they are currently checking for a better solution for such cases. This is a work in progress so the way to get the inconsistencies fill is with a message under FI-GL-GL-X.

All the best

Brian

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi

Its very strange to listen that the data is available in the tables also.and After checking in ST22 and SM13 also,as you could not get the information,so check with your FI consultant wheather the data can be retrieved from BKPF ,BSID and BSEG tables on that date when those documents are created.Also check one day before and one day later dates also.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for Response.

Critical thing is that the accounting documents exist for those invoices which are not in data base now.

We can able to see the invoice number in FBL5N but the invoice is not there in SAP data base.

As Invoices posted to accounting the customer receivables doubled for one delivery and 4 times for other.

When we try to check form accounting document also but the system throwing error document does not exist.

Hello Raghu,

I checked in Short dump no system messages exist.

Regards,

SASi

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can access accounting document, you can investigate who created it. You can select accounting document header (hat icon on top) and check the user name / the transaction code through which this document got generated.

You can come to know whether its done by some BAPI / external system interface from this. If you find some user name, you can contact the person to know the issue faster.

Please let us know your findings as the problem seems so strange.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi

Its little difficult to imagine your situation with neither a short dump nor update termination.

Where else can it fail ? did somebody delete the invoice manually from the database? or some program? if so, it should have happened exactly at the time of creation..which seems little unlikely coz there were duplicate invoices created.

However, since you've the invoice numbers..pls check CDHDR and CDPOS for any pointers?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

No change logs exist for this issue. We checked CDHDR tables at first instance only.

Manual deletion of the billing documents from the tables may be possible but the authorizations will be minimum. I don't think users will have this authorizations. They told it clearly that no deletion happened.

This creation done with VF04 and and only 3-4 mins gap between duplicates.

SAP note is also explaining the root cause for this is update termination error. But no errors for that user on specified date.

Even if I leave about root cause i want to delete the accounting documents posted for duplicates.

Thanks for support.