cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid recipient address in SMTP Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are unable to send mails to external email id. We have two domains xyz.com and abc.com. We have installed all SAP server with xyz.com as FQDN. All email addresses in the company having user#xyz.com and user#abc.com for the same person. If we send mail from outlook to both user#xyz.com and user#abc.com the mail is reaching the recipient.

But from SAP if we want to send mail to both mail only goes to user#xyz.com. If we want to send to user#abc.com the we am getting error "No delivery to user#abc.com, invalid recipient address"

In Scot we have given xyz.com in default domain. In the connection we have tick the Node in use, then given Mail Host as mailserver.xyz.com, Mail port as 25, Code Page 0 No Conversion into Other Character Set and in the Address Area we have given *.

In Instance profile we maintained,

icm/server_port_2 PROT=SMTP,PORT=25000

icm/server_port_1 PROT=SMTP,PORT=0

is/SMTP/virt_host_1 *.25000

is/SMTP/virt_host_0 .

icm/server_port_0 PROT=HTTP,PORT=80$$

ms/server_port_0 PROT=HTTP,PORT=81$$

Please let me know what is missing in my configuration. I think configuration is correct as mail is going to xyz.com but not going to abc.com

Note: I user # instead of @. If I use @ in SDN forum then it treated as email id which is not allowd.

Regards,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, this sounds like a relay issue. Messages sent to the local domain does not require authentication while when going to external domains they need to be authenticated, as SAP does not support SMTP username/password authentication you need to maintain the IP Address of your SAP system on the Relay Agent of your SMTP Server so they can be delivered. Talk to your Mail Team,

Also, If you have configured your system to use xyz domain, you should maintain the master data of the users (SU01) with an email account of the same domain.

Regards

Juan