cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard credit memo g2 has document type field as blank?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we create a credit memo with billing type G2 and release the billing document to Accounting.

how does system understand which accounting document type needs to be created.

Credit memo G2.

Genral control data.

Document type [ ] is Blank.

Regards,

RKMACC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 options:

When you create your billing document in VOFA, there is a field document type..if you maintain anything in that, it'll be picked up.

If not, this mapping is hardcoded in SAP's standard programs..

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you.

What is the relevance of refrence number and allocation number in copy control.

VTFL/VTFA.

i think this also plays an important role in copying the document number from invoice to accounting.

So my question is in order to have accounting document number same as billing document number.

What are the controls?

Regards,

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajneesh,

If your question is answered, pls close this thread and open a new thread for new questions..

also, please search the forum for your questions..there are many threads who have discussed most of the topics in detail.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RKMACC,

This not only for G2 its for all like L2,F2,S1,BV and RE, its standard SAP behavior,bcoz of program it will identify the relevant accounting document type for relevant billing type.

As per my knowledge we need to mention document type when we create our own billing type and our own document type in that time we need to tell the system pick that document type, if we copy the standard one automatically background settings also copied.

hope you understand the concept.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if we dont specify any accounting document type in billing type,system determines it from standard system.so DG is the document type for customer credit memo.

so if you copy the standard billing documents like F2,G2 and re name it then no need to specify any accounting document type.

if you are defining a billing document without copying from standard documents then you should maintain the accounting document type in billing document types.

THANK YOU