cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA web start error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have PI 7.1 . i have installed jdk-1_5_0_22-windows-amd64 and jre-1_5_0_22-windows-amd64 on my local machine.

I am unable to open IR and ID.

I am using Windows 7 and i am connecting to PI using client network .

I am able to open them if I install JAVA 7.

I can revert back to JAVA 7 but the problem is I have read the posts on SDN that if I use JAVA 7, the JAVA mappings will throw a linkage error as PI 7.1 uses JAVA 5. I have not implemented any JAVA mapping so far. this is what I have read on SDN.

I have searched a lot in SDN but could not get a solution.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Yashwanth

Edited by: YashwanthSVK on Sep 28, 2011 4:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Disable the proxy settings and try to open IR and ID.

Regards,

P.Rajesh

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashwanth,

you can have both versions installed in your system. After installation of jdk-1_5_0_22 and jre-1_5_0_22 , you can install jre 1.7 in separete directories. Now while you write java mapping codes using eclipse or NWDS, right click on JRE System library within your package -

>build path -

> configure build path---->edit -

> select execution enviornment -

> here you choose J2SE 1.5 -

Finish.

Thus you can continue java mapping without linkage error.

Ideally IR and ID should work with JRE 1.5 as well, but since its not working you can try the above approach.

regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for your answer. I installed both JAVA 7 and JAVA 6 in my computer now. As I said earlier, IR and ID are running fine. But I am unable to install NWDS. the error being :

The installer can not run in the 32 bit sub-system on a 64 bit architecture.

I have referred other blogs but could not solve the error.

Please advice.

yash

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashwanth,

NWDS version you are trying to install is fit for 32 bit system. Try using Eclipse this will serve all purposes as NWDS. It has got 64 bit version

Use this link http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/

You need to install java 1.5 and java 7 (but you mentioned java 6) else java mapping will give linkage error.

Please kindly check my earlier post.

regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anupam

thanks for your response. i did install both JAVA 5 and JAVA 7 and also Eclipse. I am able to change the version in Eclipse. and also PI is taking JRE 7 by default.

the only hickup now is that I have to place the ".java" file in the BIN folder evrytime. i guess i screwed up the classpaths.

Will check them..

thanks again .

Closing this thread.