cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Catalog error: java.lang.ClassCastException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I asked this question into the Shopping Cart & Catalog forum and sent a message to SAP 3 weeks ago, but still no answer from any side.

We're working with SRM 3.0 and SRM-MDM 7.1.06.218 and we've a problem to display the standard web Catalog.

We customized everything and all processes where working properly (Console, Data Manager, Import Manager, Portal web Catalog).

About Portal Web Catalog, we configured the different fields to be displayed into the web catalog through the OCI Assignment into the following web and we were looking the desired fields without problems:

http://plmdmtest.company.com:57200/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcmdmsrmcat~uisearch/MDM_SRM_UI_App?

We were able to display all the existing entries from the Data Manager into the web catalog through web:

https://plmdmtest.company.com/irj/portal#

But, once we had everything running and working, we made a repository copy and then, we decided to delete all standard fields from the repository that we were not using, in order to reduce the number of fields into the repository. (we have more than 100 fields into the database!).

We recovered the repository copy that created before deleting the fields, but we still get the errors.

In addition to that, after deleting the fields (and getting the error) the user 'Master' was deleted. We created the user 'Master' again trying to solve the problem. We stopped the server and run it again, but we are still have the same error.

The error we get is the following:

While processing the current request, an exception occured which could

not be handled by the application or the framework.

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.ClassCastException

at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.master.Master.createSupportingRsds

(Master.java:1945)

at

com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.master.wdp.InternalMaster.createSupportingRsds(InternalMaster.java:1012)

at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.master.Master.addUiDefinitionToMap

(Master.java:1990)

at

com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.master.wdp.InternalMaster.addUiDefinitionToMap(InternalMaster.java:1016)

at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.master.Master.createItemDetailsRsd

(Master.java:2016)

... 36 more

We've tried to fix the error by reviewing the OCI configuration and other options into the web catalog configuration, but we cannot solve this problem and we cannot use the standard web catalog (we developed an option to select materials and create an XML file with them). It's very strange as we're also using an iview to display the web catalog (only display, without creating files) and it works without errors.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos.

The issue you are facing is due to the configuration xml which has the deleted fields associated to it.

Can you try removing the fields from the XML or try with other users with the new schema?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Bala for your quick answer!

I cannot see the option to update the XML schemas in MDM Console.

Can I delete them if we're not going to use these schemas on Import manager?

Regards,

Carlos Santamaría.

Edited by: Carlos Santamaría on Sep 28, 2011 4:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

The problem is already solved!!!!

It was not a problem with the XML schemas.

It was due to the fields/tables I deleted. Once the error appeared, I created again the same fields and tables, but there was a field into the main table that was created as a 'text field' instead of 'lookup' field, so there was no relationship with table related.

Then, I've deleted the field (text type) and created it again as 'lookup' value.

Now, the portal catalog is displayed again without errors!

Thanks in any case for your support.

Regards,

Carlos Santamaría.