cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone create and use Adobe Forms

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

It is possible to use interactive forms without any server?

I think of a szenario where I create a pdf in the adobe lifecycle designer and use an external data source (database) to fill in the captions for text field for example.

I want to use this to show others the possibilites of the Adobe Forms in their system landscape without the need to add the Adobe Document Services or other Portal componentes.

What do you think?

Thanks

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe approach requires that you at least have a server at the point that the form is generated, so the correct permissions are granted to the form allowing the user to change data on the form and save it.

If you want to show others the possibilities, then generate a form via a server and download the form to your laptop. You might also want to take some screenshots or a tutor showing the overall development process. You can use the generated form in its offline mode to show that the form was pre-filled with data and that a user can now enter/change data and save it back to the form. If you have Adobe Designer on your laptop you can also run that offline to show how you build the form.

Other than that, if you think you have some users who would be interested in seeing a more extensive demonstration, contact your local SAP office and/or Adobe office both of whom are usually more than happy to help. We can for instance organise for demonstrations in SAP Offices or via webex.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also Christian,

You don't need any Portal components but you do need WebDynpro (Java or ABAP) if you are going to show the development process.

You can run the WebDynpro just as a simple web service. There's no need for the Portal in this case.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Answers (0)