Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNMASS Project Person Responsible

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

There are almost 400 projects in which we have to change Project Person Responsible both in Project Level and in WBS. When I go to mass change functionality through CNMASS transaction it does not change this field though in the message display log it says successfully changed.

When I go individually in Project Builder and change through Mass change it is successfully changed,

What may be wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your authorizations. CNMASS should change the field person responsible specially when no error log is reported. Also check if you are using any substitutions on your projects?

Regards,

Ammar

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

The display log doesnt show any errors and says "Person Responsible changed to new value"

Again yes there is substitution used for person responsible with company code but is that going to affect? When I go individually to CJ20N mass change it changes. Also note the person responsible field is greyed out is this the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Being grayed out doesn't make any difference as mass changes can effect such fields. The CNMASS makes the changes and saves them onto the project as well. As soon as you execute CNMASS the project is saved and subsitution is carried out. Now it is possible that the substitution reverses the actions of CNMASS (based on your rule maintained). When you perform mass change via CJ20N then the automatic save is not triggered and therefore the substitution is not carried out.

Regards,

Ammar

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

Yes you are right! The substitution rule was preceeding the mass change.