cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing PDF's in SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to MDM and tried searching on this but were not successful. I want to store PDF in MDM. I have UI's developed in Web Dynpro ABAP for SAP MDM and data from UI to SAP MDM goes using MDM web service. How can I send the PDF, What I need to do to store PDF in MDM and How I can syndicate this PDF to SAP ECC system.

Sorry for asking basic question but I am not able to find any information on this topic.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed -

Please close the thread if your query has been resolved.

thx

deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

As suggested in above post, firstly you need to use Data Group for uploading PDF files using MDM Data Manager and linking of these PDF files with Main table records using MDM Import Manager.

How can I send the PDF, What I need to do to store PDF in MDM and How I can syndicate this PDF to SAP ECC system.

Since PDF is an Object table, you can not send and upload PDF files using Import Manager alone. So firstly you need to upload all the PDF files in MDM using Data Manager "Data Group" option and then later using PDF file names you can link main table records with these pdf files.

Please refer for more details;

1. http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e057a910-3d4b-2b10-b490-cb569d694...

2. http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c01f54a2-99f1-2a10-5aa5-dcc50870e...

You can not syndicate PDF files using MDM Syndicator, you can only send PDF file names from MDM Syndicator.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed -

IF you need to load PDF files Adobe Acrobat Standard or its Professional Version is required and it needs to be installed on the machine that is loading the PDF and not on the server machine, where you are using your data manager.also generate thumbnail for it.

you need to upload the PDF files by data manager using data group concept. When uploading the file through data group you can store that file either using option Link to original file only or store in repository. Once you have uploaded all the files in data group then after that using Import Manager, you can link main table records with the corresponding PDF files using PDF file names. This will help you

also check SAP note

1258537 (SMP login required)

hth

thx

Deep