cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a question regarding the following. We currently have a project that is exceeding the budget, nevertherless, the availability control customizing is set to overall values and tolerance limit is at 105% (that´s the way it should be). This means that the operation can exceed the budget until 5% of the overall value, not the annual budget value.

After analyzing the figures, I can see that they should still be able to post actual costs, but an error of budget has exceeded comes up.

Let me explain what I did during the implementation:

1.- I assigned budget for the project in CJ30 at overall level and at year 2010 (the same amount in both).

2.- Then, I posted statistical costs in KAFD of the actual costs for year 2010 and previous years because the operation wanted this visible in SAP (they used a legacy system before).

3.- I did a carry forward of the remaining budget (available budget for 2011) in CJCO.

This is the amount they´ve been using this year. Please let me know if I did something wrong regarding the previous steps.

How then is the system showing an error message of budget exceeding if they still haven´t finished the overall 5%? The annual 5% is finished, but not the overall.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The steps that you have performed are correct. Can you kindly provide the exact values for the budget and actual (for both fiscal years as well as overall). There might be some problem with the transactional data.

Also have you checked your configuration, I mean is the correct budget profile assigned to the project?

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

Thanks for your reply. The budget profile assigned to the project is correct. It is configured with object currency, so there isn´t any problem with the currency either.

The current budget and actual values are the following:

Authorized budget overall 5.123.271,00 u20AC

Actual cost overall 5.027.807,27 u20AC

Available budget - 47.109,41 u20AC

Authorized budget 2010 3.470.472,29 u20AC

Actual cost 2010 3.470.472,29 u20AC

Available budget 2010 0,00 u20AC

Authorized budget 2011 1.652.798,71 u20AC

Actual cost 2011 1.557.334,98 u20AC

Available budget - 47.109,41 u20AC

Note:

Figures for 2010 are assigned as statistical costs.

The available budget, both overall and 2011 considers the committed cost, this is why it is already in negative figures.

They should still be able to post 209.054,14 if we consider the 105% tolerance limit for the overall budget, but they can´t.

Should I reconstruct the availability control? Would that help?

Thanks

Edited by: Alex81 on Sep 29, 2011 11:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please also check if the tolerance limits have been defined according to the 5% rule (should show 105 for error) with the correct profile.

Do re-construct the availability control and revert back.

Regards,

Ammar

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please search the forum there are many threads available for availability control issues...

Answers (0)