Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Print Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello QM Experts

My client requirment is as follows:

There are two shop Paper print form in Notification in /QM02.Some plants used first shop paper & some plants are using second shop paper.

I want to control shop papers on authorzation base. That is if one user is using first shop paper he should not be able to use second shop paper.And second user should not be able to use first shop paper.

Is there any method to control the shop paper printing on user based?

Thanks

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shop papers can be controlled by work center. Not by user.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

In my requirement there is no such work centre. Is there any other option to control it on authorization level or at plant level?

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. But work centers are not that hard to set up.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please tell me step by step how to do this by work center.I am still not cleared by your answer of Work center control.

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign a work center to each operation of an inspection plan/routing or receipe. In configuration you can control the print control by work center.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI FF,

I have one doubt,

If you see below path in IMG

Quality notification-->Notification processing>Define printer-->User-Dependent Print Control

F1 says

"'The print control allows you to individually define the output devices and print parameters for each user and shop paper."

Although this may not be practical way of doing as , we end up with maintaining huge number of data even if some of the users may use common shop paper. As of now system provides * in the field user name.

How ever SAP has given option to maintain planner group and planning plant.

I feel this could be one of the possible solutions for above query.

Waiting for your expert comments.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin

Thanks for the reply. I will check this might work.