cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of standard network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying to copy standard network template in CN01 but all activities are coming by default, I want to remove the activities but when i try to delete them I am getting message CP654- You can only select created records.

Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards

Bhairavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhairavi,

I performed the same steps and was allowed to delete the activities. Kindly provide the exact steps that you have performed. Perhaps you can save your standard network and then delete the activities in change mode i.e. CN02 (but perform this on a test system first).

SAP standard functionality dictates that the activities that are linked to your standard network should be copied so your system is behaving normally in that case. Manual deletion of activities is the only appropriate solution for your requirements.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

Thanks for your reply.

I am creating a new standard network template by copying one.

After copying i am getting activities by default in tab int processing , Ext processing & Primary costs.

I need activities in primary costs only . There are no activities in tabs int/ext proessing in the network fronm whichj i have copied.

I am trying to select & delete these actvities, but then i get message Message no. CP654- You can only select created records. If i try to delete without selecting then system is not deleting.

Kindly help.

Thanks & regards

Bhairavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how activities are automatically copied to the standard network from a standard network for which no activities exists.

Please check your original standard network in CN02 to ensure if any activity has been added over there. Also confirm the parameters you pass in CN01:

1) Are you using the copy from function Shift+F8?

2) Is the profile the same with the network from which you are copying?

3) Has the Std Network field been kept blank?

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

I am doing the same steps you have mentioned .

Still activities are getting added , even if i try to remove them by removing WBS element assigned & then selecting & removing , its not working.

Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards

Bhairavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Have you tried creating a standard network without copying in CN01? Does that work properly?

2) Have you tried copying another standard network in CN01? Does that work properly?

We can hit and try at different options but I cant seem to identify any logical reason behind your problem. Probably there is some problem with the standard network from which you are copying. Why don't you delete it and re-create it just to make sure?

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that also. When I use copy function all the activities which are present come in my network as gray out & remaining one come in normal mode. When I remove WBS assigned to these from total tab& then try to delete i am able to do so but still it doesnt get updated.

Forexample, In the network template 730 activities are there in primary costs tab . These gets copied in gray out , but rest i.e.740 onwards are copied & these I want to delete , but system is not allowing me to do so. i am using CN02.

After removing WBS , I am able to delete but its not getting saved.

In create std network option, all the activities are coming & these are also i am not able to delete.

Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards

bhairavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have exhausted all the options and you have to copy from the particular standard network that is causing the problem, then my suggestion is to raise it with SAP and see what they respond. The problem seems more related to master data rather than configuration and that will be checked by SAP consultant.

After alot of efforts I have not been able to replicate your error.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ammar pointed out, it is strange if you are getting extra activities when you are trying to copy from a standard network. But the message you mentioned in your first post, that comes when you have selected a blank line and try to perform any action. So when you try to delet an activity make sure you have selected that just one activity and then try performing the delete.

Regards

Sreekanth