cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE51N Results Recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to see the MIC characters in QE51N T-code. Let me explain in brief.

We are following QE51N for results recording. I have activated 04 Inspection type for my FG. I have created Characteristics and assigned to class and inturn assigned the class to the FG. I have around 120 Characteristics defined. Now when i try to create MIC against the each Char, I am getting an error that the "MIC is already created in other plant XXX." I went and checked in QS61 t-code and found that MIC's are already assigned to the Material Specification for that XXX plant.

Now if the MIC's are already maintained to the Material Specs in QS61 then they should appear in QE51N t-code. But they are not appearing for me in my present plant. So how to assign the MIC's present in XXX plant to my plant where I am doing my QE51N t-code...

I think am somewhere missing the link to assign the MIC's and I am totally confused.

Please explain me in detail how to go ahead.

I am just giving the step by step T-code I am following. please correct me if I am wrong anywhere

MFBF->Lot generated-->QS21--->QS61-->ME51N--->QA31----->Stock moved from QM to Unrestricted.

Regard's,

Uday.

Edited by: uday Kiran 1903 on Sep 28, 2011 9:05 AM

Edited by: uday Kiran 1903 on Sep 28, 2011 9:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material specifications are independent of plant. So characteristics assigned should appear during result recording.

As u have mentioned already MIC has been correctly assigned to class characteristics.

Just cross check you have assigned correct class in material master classification view, class type 023.

Consider this as a interim reply till the Sujit and FF answers ur query

Also I wonder what is the status of the lot. Do the Specification got assigned to ur inspection lot.

If got just check in inspection lot , inspection specification tab what specification got assigned.

Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Rane on Sep 28, 2011 12:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have assigned correct class in MM.it is 023 only.

I have assigned Insp.with mat spec in my Inspection lot and the status is released.

I am not able to know how to assign the MIC's created in Fiction plant to the plant where we are doing Result recording.

If I go and see in QS61 transaction I can see the MIC's created for Fiction plant.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

check MICs are in released mode , also in QM material master insp with material specification is checked....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nasir,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes all are in Released mode and I have checked Isp with Matl Spec in Inspection type of Material Master.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked inspection specification tab? Would like to know what specification got assigned to your lot in question?

I am feeling , you are talking about inspection lot of origin 13.

And the specification tab is showing Routing group ,where it seems no inspection characteristics assigned?

Regards,

Nitin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you don't mentoin is:

1) do you see the characteristics in the inspection lot in other transactions? For example, if you go to try to make the UD on the lot, any uncompleted characteristics are normally displayed on your first screen when you enter QA11. Do you see any characterisitcs there? Have you checked the QAMV table to see if any characteristics are listed in that table. If yes, then your master data is probably fine.

2) Have you experimented yet? Create a dummy general characteristic, link it to a dummy MIC in the real plant and add this to your class/material spec as an experiment. Create your inspection lot. Do you see this one characteristic and no others? Or do you see nothing?

If you see the new mic but not the others, then I think the error might have to do with security. Do you use work centers? Is there security based on workcenters?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FireFighter,

Thanks for your reply

May be I'll be in a better position to explain you through the screenshots if you can provide me your mail ID..

Hoping you give your Mail ID for better understanding of the subject.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

1) I cannot able to see any characters listed in QAMV table. And in QA11 t-code my lot is showing as Created..

2) I have created dummy characters and assigned them to dummy MIC's and I can able to see them in QE51n.

I can able to see the dummy things working fine because I have created for active plant. whereas the original characters were created for Fictional plant and I cannot see them in QE51n of active plant. So how to link them from Fictional plant to active plant..??

Regard's,

Uday.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put an email into your business card here at SDN and I'll drop you an email today that you can respond to.

The issue is that you can't see anything in QE51n because you never got the inspection lot released.

Have you used QA02 to go into the lot and assign the material spe to it? You might need to update the key date to the current date.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

You are correct.My Inp lot is not released. That's why I cannot able to see the Material Specs in QE51N. I went to QA02 changed the date to current date and now My insp lot is Released and I can seemy Mat Spec's in QE51N.

Thanks for your support FF. Here I have a small doubt. Why should we need to change the date to current date in QA02..??

Since 2days I was trying how to change but I was not knowing. Now the moment I changed the dates automaticaaly it came to Released status...Can you please teel the reason.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thank your help provided. My problem is solved.

Hence closing the Thread

Regard's,

Uday.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The key date is usually the date the inspection lot is created.

You shouldn't normally have to change the key date unless you have an issue with master data not being set up.

Once you set up the master data you then need to change the key date.

In some places, specs change but you may still be obligated to a particular spec due to contacts with vendors or customers. The key date is used to determine what date it should look for a plan/spec.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vasudevap_pushpalas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Uday

Please Check your Quality Plan QP01 then

Check your INsp[ection LOT QA11

Check QA32 in that lot satus bar is it crtd mode or Rel mode if its not REl

please Go to QA11 make it Release and save

then Go to QE51n u can find the Inspection Lot in that

with Regards

pushapals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushapals,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using Inspection type to be carried through Material Spec and not through Task list. So I think there is no necessity of checking QP01.

and my question is not related to Inspection lot. my querry is why MIC's are not getting displayed in QE51N T-code for my plant 9515 though they are maintained in Quality plant 1500..

I am also asking do we need to copy all the MIC's created for 1500 plant to 9515 plant or take 1500 plant as reference and run the QE51 transaction...

Please explain.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Firefighter and Sujith,

Please explain me the querry I have raised. I am waiting for your responses also.

Regard's,

Uday.