cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS communication error - Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a scenario where I have file receiver channel with FTPS as connection security.

I have uploaded the certificate provided by FTP server in PI NWA under Trusted CAS.

The server host name in the communication channel is same as the CN name in the certificate i.e. fully qualified server name.

I am not using the option "use X509 certificate for client authentication" in communication channel.

I have provided valid user and pwd for authentication.

I am still getting below error while sending the message from PI to FTP.

iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

I have checked all the posts related to this error on the forum, but nothing helped so far.

Thanks,

Shweta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe you still need to install the chain of certificates starting from end cert -> intermediate ca -> rootca in NWA.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check the blog.

Also ensure that the certificate is installed in the trusted CA keystore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen this Blog and configured my channel accordingly.

I have imported the certificate in NWA ->Certificate and keys -> Under Trusted CAs Key storage View-> in Key storage view details ->using Import from file button -> selected the X.509 certificate option -> Browse to the .crt file path and imported the certificate successfully.

I have seen your other replied related to this issue but nothing worked in my case.

Is there any way to check whether the certificate I have imported is valid certificate?

Thanks,

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are able to successfully establish communication with FTPS enabled server when I changed the Connection Security in communication channel from " FTPS (FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control and Data Connection

to "FTPS (FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control Connection" .

Can you please help me in knowing what is reuired in PI so that we use FTPS for Data connection as well.

Shweta.