Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linux Cluster switchover mechanism issue

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed SAPECC6.0 system on HA Cluster with Oracle as database and Linux Redhat as OS.

Our HA cluster structure have two server,Now we need setting switchover mechanism,we used command "system-config-cluster" setting it,But we find have two options:Sap instance and Script,then we choose which?

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_danapfel2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

a new version of the "Deploying Highly available SAP servers using RHCS" whitepaper is available at https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/refarch/deploying-highly-available-sap-servers-using-red-hat-clu...

In appendix A of this whitepaper you can find an example cluster configuration showing how to use Red Hat Clustering to set up a SAP HA environment.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would choose "SAP Instance"..

See the document from below link (Page 45)

*Deploying Highly Available SAP® Servers using Red Hat*

You can also try using "luci" for cluster configuration... It is a browser based tool to configure cluster (you may already aware of it...)

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh Narkhede,

Thank you,

Now we choose the SAPInstance and according by the document setting it,Our setting content:

Added the three sap instances,and everyone content "sap instance name"\"Sap Executeable DIR"\"Sap start profile name"\""sap profile Dir", and we add these to services,but we cann't enable the services.

Can you give me some advices,or can you give me one sample file for cluster.conf,Thank you !