cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy export inport - for Z programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have a fresh Quality system built. Would like to refresh the qulaity client with Developement system client, which is having few customized porogramms..

We have tried SAP_ALL and SAP_EXPA profiles to export the client from Development.

Import successful, but in both cases we are not getting the customised programs,.. Please help me in this wether it is possible to get the programs using client export & import method..

Thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot copy cross client data with client copy that's why your programs are missing in quality system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your answer,.!

but in SAP we have below 3 profiles, where it is showing as "Cross Client Customizing".

SAP_EXPA SAP_ALL with Cross-Client Customizing or

SAP_EXPC Customizing Including Cross-Client Customizing or

SAP_EXBC Customizing, Users and Cross-Client Customizing

If I use these any of these profile to export the client, will it copy the cross client data with customising Programms??

I tried with SAP_EXPA -> Which didn't copy the customising programms..

Pls advice me,.!

Thank you,

Ramesh

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are number of limitations of using this profile to copy cross client customizing. I would suggest you to check SAP note 445195. And also see below note from SAP note 24853:

Note:

Client-independent customizing must only be copied to create a new system. Client-independent data and thus all clients in the target system are affected by this and can be destroyed!

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
And, why I'm doin git from development is, I'm not getting downtime from Production and few performance issues are there in production..
so instead of taking it from Production, thought of getting from Developement..

It's not a good idea for performance test, just plan a Quality refresh first as currently your system doesn't have any transactional and other data.

*Plan a Quality refresh with backup restore method (Homogenous system copy), Here no need to take a downtime for Production.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos
We have a fresh Quality system built. Would like to refresh the qulaity client with Developement system client,

Really it doesn't seems as a consolidation system, why are you trying to copy a Development client into Quality client?

Above one is the simple method to transport z* objects from Development to Quality.

*Just for my knowledge - What you achieve with this Quality refresh activity by copying from Development?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are almost 500+ programms, which I cann't transport individual..!!

And, so I felt as to doing the client copy,..!

And, why I'm doin git from development is, I'm not getting downtime from Production and few performance issues are there in production..

Please advice me on, how do I copy / export the programms from dev to qty system.. in anyways from client copy??? - if yes, which profile..! please advice..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

By "Fresh" QA system, do you mean a new install so it has no date or customizaitons? And you also ahve a dev and prod system that do have customizations and programs?

I would think you want to do a system copy form your production system to they QA. They they will be identical with data and programs. This is a complicated process so you would need to carefully study the process in homogeneous system copy in the install guide area for your product.

After have built the Q/A system from prod, you would want to set up your TMS routes to transport from DEV to QA and then into PROD.

Hope fhtis helps. Pat

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me start by mentioning that QA system should be a proper reproduction of your production server... Why?... QA is a quality and volume testing environment. Tests done in QA should give you an accurate representation of the behaviour expected in production and refreshing QA with development will defeat all reasons to have a QA system in the first place.

I'm not getting downtime from Production and few performance issues are there in production..

Theres several ways to refresh your QA environment without calling for downtime or with minimal downtime, in anycase if you are having performance issues in production then calling for a downtime should be justified.

Nope, that won't do.

And, so I felt as to doing the client copy,..!

You shouldn't do things because you felt like it... theres procedures and best practices for almost everything.

Please advice me on, how do I copy / export the programms from dev to qty system

You shouln't have to... they'll be there when your refresh your system from production. In anycase if those programs are in production already means that they were release and transported so those transports should be sitting on your TMS

Thats my 2 cents.

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not just transport the appropriate programs? Just take care to only import the transport into the appropriate system, and clear it from your TMS queues afterward if you feel it is dangerous.