cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

component configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the webdynpro component, there are already preconfigured configured applications available with name "HRTMC_EMPLOYEE_PROFILE". I created a Z Webdynpro application and created the application configuratin and component configuration. When I tried to execute the custom one( even I maintained the configuration as same as sap configuration), it is going to dump. Can't we create a zconfig for the sap webdynpro component . Actually If I use the sap configuration, it shows 6 screens. I want to hide some screens using FPM configuration. Please suggest me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shivakri,

there are several possibilities to adapt delivered FPM applications from SAP to your needs.

We have published a [document|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c0a2b7c2-1598-2e10-45bc-c556df3b9576 ] which describes very good what you could do: Customizing, Enhancements, Copy and Modification.

Regarding your issue with the copied configuration: Have your created application the same name as the application configuration? When you test the application having an application configuration below with another name than the application itself, a dump occurs - because the application don't know which application configuration should be taken. It is automatically catching the application configuration when both names are the same.

If you would just like to do some slight changes to SAP delivered FPM application you could easily customize it. If SAP delivers later on any changes to this application, then your customizing will still be valid afterwards. Please have a look at the above document - there it is described in detail how you do that.

Best regards,

Julia Bender

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are in a right direction to create new application,configurations. However you havenot posted what is the error you get.

Normally you can change your component configuration such a way that you design only few UIBB's. However it is no gaurentee that your application work. There may be adependancy between the UIBB in original configuration.

Explain your error and detail your approach so that we can help you.