cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules regarding Command Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I know that a Command node can only be used in the Main window. Can anybody confirm that its not possible to use a Command node to provide a page throw when printing from a Table.

I have included a line count and want to throw to next page using a Command node depending on the number of lines I'm printing within my table.

Its not producing any print or even any reason for the lack of any print.

I have placed the Command node after table just to test it and it works fine.

If a Command node won't work when printing a table. How can I control the way the form looks?

Best Regards

MikeSpear.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you need to set the flag and in the condition tab maintain how many times you want to execute the table

then use this condition on the command node to go to next page.

Thanks

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Vivek,

After further investigation, it appears that a Command node can't be used within a Loop. As the table has an in built loop function, I'm assuming that this rule applies in this case also.

Best Regards

MikeSpear.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have a loop or a table loop. Both will accept a command node without complaint. Only the loop will act on a page break. A page break within a table loop will not work.

If you want to throw a page break in a table loop it can be done by having an outer loop to control the page break.

Che

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Che,

Could tell me with a bit more detail how with a Table within an outer loop I could use a Command node to throw to a new page.

The data in the table consist of two different record types and is sorted accordingly.

I want to print all record type 1, print a heading on a new page if necessary, then print all record type 2.

Can I do this with a Table within an outer loop?

Best Regards

MikeSpear.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

1) Build your outer loop table to contain one entry per record type. So if you have two different record types the outer table will contain two rows (one per record type).

2) Create a loop over the outer table. Have a command node to page break at the start of each loop pass.

3) Create a table loop within the outer loop. Set the WHERE condition to loop over only those rows where record type = record type from outer loop.

That should be it. This will give you a page break for each row in the outer table.

Che