cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.3 Upgrade - Custom Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in a process of upgrading Portal from 7.1 to 7.3.

We got a custom development which contains few Portal Applications ( PAR files).

As NW 7.3 wont support PAR files i have identified the PAR files and converted those into EAR.

The requirement is to add these applications to the existing Software Component.

Our landscape has got 2 tracks.

1. Track1 ---Old Application Reference

2. Track2 NW7.3 --- This track got CMS import errors as the deployment failed when we initially tried.

i have imported development Config from Track2 NW7.3 but it got so many issues which is taking time to resolve and also it got build issues.

1. Do i need to import config from Track1.If so there wont be any backup.

2. if i import from Track2 then i will face issues.

3. Another Track creation with old code ? is it possible?

Please let me know what is the ideal solution for my issue.

Thanks for help.

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error was due to the old class being used.I have replaced the class and the error was lost.

Followed SAP note 1503649 and also

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/04/7d1ecf105b4ae89b5d60d4abff2a75/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have forwarded sca files from Track1 to Track2 using SDN help.I have added the dependencies as well which were missing.

Can you please let me know how to add the converted EAR file to the existing DC.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have converted PAR files into EAR and deployed in Server directly.When iam trying to access the application from Portal it is throwing the below error.

Parser [PRT] - JspParseException is thrown while parsing JSP file </SAP/sap/DBG/J00/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/xxxxxxxxx/servlet_jsp/yyyyyyyyyyy/root/WEB-INF/pagelet/zzzzzzzzzzz.jsp> :

com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.exception.JspParseException: Cannot parse custom tag with short name [documentBody].

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspElement.customTagAction(JspElement.java:969)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspElement.action(JspElement.java:228)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.ElementCollection.action(ElementCollection.java:59)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspElement.customTagAction(JspElement.java:994)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspElement.action(JspElement.java:228)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.ElementCollection.action(ElementCollection.java:59)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspElement.customTagAction(JspElement.java:994)

Any ideas...