cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving the report in Excel format form BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Would like to know how to provide/grant an access to User to save his/her BO reports in Excel format. Save as option is not being highlited for the user for saving the data into EXcel format.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the preferences in the WEBI,

Just goto the option under preferences and check whether Prioritize easy data processing in Excel is enabled.

Select a priority for saving to MS Excel:

Prioritize easy data processing in Excel

Regards,

Ragoth.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragoth,

Let me clarify that I am having this issue after I edit the report. When I first open the report in BO under document save to my computer as excel works. After editing when the choice is "save to my computer" the excel option is not available to me.

Thanks.

Edited by: JagadeeshKattamuri on Sep 28, 2011 2:38 PM

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login on the cmc.

right click on the folder and user security.

click on assign security then advance tab.

click on the add remove rights.

go to the content/Web Intelligence report and grant rights on "save as Excel" .after that users can save as report in the excel.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I have checked the same what you have mentioned above,the folder is having rights for saving the report in Excel format.But i am not sure why the user is not able to save the repot in Excel format.

Thanks.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

instead of setting advance right try to set default access level View On demand on the folder and see users are able to save report in the excel or not.

Thanks,

Amit