cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Developer Studio - Adobe Livecycyle Designer - How to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Can you tell me, how I can get from the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio to the Adobe Livecycle Designer?

I mean, where I have to klick with my computer-mouse to get to the Livecycle Designer from the NWDS?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm... i didn't even know you could access it through NWDS.. actually, i don't think that's possible unless anyone can comment on that.

you can check this link for more info.

http://www.adobe.com/manufacturing/pdfs/bwp_interactive_forms_adobe.pdf

you normally use SFP, but if you're developing a web dynpro version of the form, drop it into a View in SE80, double click the form name attribute to navigate to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you for the information.

I also think, that it is not possible to enter the Adobe Livecycle Designer via the NWDS.

So I will buy the Adobe Livecycle Designer.

But there is still one more question:

What about the "Adobe Document Services (ADS)"....I read this "term" many times, but I don't know what it is....Can you give me a link or anything else, to get more information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ADS (adobe document server) sits on your java stack. you'll need an SM59 connection to it to pass data.

It is what actually renders your form and runs any code you have defined to run as "server-side"..

It is absolutely necessary when developing any kind of Adobe form within SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information.

I thought, that "ADS" stands for: Adobe Document Services and not for "Adobe Document Server"....?

Or is there also an "Adobe Document Server" within?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

also, i may have replied too quickly to your original question about NWDS.. i was looking through the adobe help file and came across this statement:

Using Designer ES2 in the SAP environment

Form authors using Adobe® LiveCycle ES2® Designer in the ABAPu2122 Workbench or in the SAP® NetWeaveru2122 Developer Studio should be aware that a number of topics in this documentation provide additional information that is not necessary in these environments.

I comepletely forget about the java web dynpro environment since we use it very little. that must be the NWDS environment you were mentioning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

I tried out myself the Web Dynpro feature in the NWDS and it works:)

But I have installed now the Adobe Livecycle Designer....you can download a 730 days (!!!) free test-version, that's fantastic.

What I still do not understand is the difference between the Adorbe Document Server and the Adobe Document Services?

Is it right, that:

- Adobe Document Server is a SOFTWARE (???)

- Adobe Document Server runs/ executes the Adobe Document Services

- You can find it in the SLD (System Landscape Directory)

- BUT: Why is the Adobe Document Server being replaced by the "Adobe Livecycle Family", I don't understand this?

=> Do you not need a Adobe Document Server, when you run the Adobe Livecycle Desiger for example?

As you see I am very new in this "topic", so don't worry about my stupid questions:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adobe, like SAP, likes to change their names around to make it more confusing on us.

The latest I heard was Adobe Designer ES - we still call it LiveCycle Designer - this is the software you load on your PC that you use to develop your forms.

But, as far as SAP integration goes, you need the ADS (the server-side software) on your java stack - you make a call to it and it actually renders the PDF in foreground or background for you.

So, yes you need both Livecycle designer and the ADS.