cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter specific attributes - SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use the adapter specific attributes of the receiver SOAP adapter. But I am not able to view the Dynamic configurations in sxi_monitor corresponding to this message. Any clue why!?

I read through the SOAP adapter help on help.sap.com,

<i>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/69/a6fb3fea9df028e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm</i>

Here it says:

<i>If you want to use header fields, set the relevant indicator for Variable Header. The technical names for the fields are XHeaderName1, XHeaderName2, XHeaderName3. The parameters are embedded in the HTTP request under the names you enter here.</i>

But I donot find an option where I can enter the names. Am I missing something here?

Regards,

Smitha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

I did not try to use adapter-specific attributes with SOAP-adapter, but with mail-adapter. The documentation is quite similar, so I excpect similar results...

So as far as I understood, the parameters XHeaderName1, ... etc are for dynamic extension of the set of adapter-specific attributes. For example, if you want to add some more information in the message header, you can program an adapter module and you have now a guide how to name the additional attributes.

Usually, the "standard" adapter-specific attributes are starting with "S" (Sender) or "T" (Receiver). You can find the names in the documentation of the SOAP-adapter.

In order to use the adapter-specific attributes, you have to check both indicators (adapter-specific attributes, variable transport binding). If this still doesn't work, you should use OSS. In my scenario (mail adapter) this didn't work, too. The reason was, that there was a bug in the adapter metadata (Integration Repository) of SAP BASIS. There was a SAP note, where I could download the correct adapter metadata. Maybe you can find a SAP note for the SOAP Adapter.

Although this is probably not the final solution, I hope this guides you a step further.

Regards,

Torsten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

do you have SP17 ?

as far as I remember some of those

adapter parameters are only from SP17

Regards,