Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open ps 4.0 Connect icon is not coming in MS project

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed MS Project 2007

Then Downloaded openPS 4.0 and installed it.

System OS is windows XP

SPA GUI is 7.1 with patch level 16

After doing the openPS installation i restartd the system but connect icon to openPs is not not coming in the tool bar of msproject.

Can anybody help me on the same.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

I unistalled MS project 2007 and connected openps woth MS project 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

The upload of projects from OpenPS4MSP has been restricted from version 2.00.00 onwards. Refer note '534045' for information on how to enable upload of projects from OpenPS4MSP to R/3 PS.

Actual data and financial information is not uploaded from MS Project to R/3 PS.

Please go through SAP Note 579761 for a list of frequently asked questions.

Regards,

Ammar

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are talking about the upload and download but I am not able to see the CONNECT icon itself in MSPROJECT tollbar to connect to the SAP R/3.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means you have not installed the add-on correctly. Please go through the OPENPS4MSP homepage to determine the installation steps and verify that has been performed correctly. You may further view instructions at the following[link|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/5037d0e8-8bc2-2a10-6fb3-c4833289bb66].

Please also refer to SAP note 579761, you might have missed some pre-requisite.

Regards,

Ammar

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the SAP note 579761 minimum requirements are fulfilled

OpenPS4MSP requires the following -

a) R/3 release 4.5B or above as the back end system. - we have ECC 6.0 EHP3

b) Windows Operating System installed on the desktop - Operating systems supported by OpenPS4MSP are Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 Work Station, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP. - We hace Windows XP

c) SAPGUI installed on the desktop - SAPGUI version 46B or above. - we have 7.1 with patch 16

d) Microsoft Project installed on the desktop - MS Project versions supported by OpenPS4MSP are MS Project 2000, MS Project 2002 and MS Project 2003(Standard and Professional). - We have MS project 2007

Please tell me if any more is required

regards

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

also I am not getting the openPS4MSP in the srart menu.