cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new pooled resource error for the FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using PI7.1 and I have a proxy to file scenario wherein I am but getting the following error at the receiver FTP adapter.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect.

Since itu2019s a very common error, I tried searching quite a few links and came across a few things like:

1) Firewall settings for the FTP destination needs to be checked.

2) The user ID and password should be correct.

3) The timeout interval should be increased.

4) And for a few PI consultants the most basic thing of deactivating and activating the channel also worked to solve this issue.

I had already tried all of these and still the error could not be resolved. Is there any other thing that I might be missing? Also I tried pinging that ftp and that was successful too.

I also found another answer on SDN where the issue was due by the number of maximum simultaneous connections allowed by destination SERVER. But since I have only one such scenario running so I think this is not the parameter which could have caused the problem.

Also, this is the Production server where I am facing this problem so I cannot send a new message rather I am resending the same message that was stuck in the RWB from there.

Please advice what else can be done to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Shivangi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were facing a similar problem in our landscape as well. The FTP channels were previously running fine and suddenly the problem arose. Checking at the server side which your FTP channel is trying to reach could also help, and the issu since the issue might just not be related to PI.

In our case doing a dummy channel change worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do following settings.

1. Increase the consumer threads for file adapter.

2. Increase the concurrency in receiver communication channel.

3. Set poolWaitingTime in receiver communication channel.

Refer SAP Note: 821267

Regards,

Gouri

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the following ..

1. Check the port is Open .

2. Check with FTP Admin regarding the port number other than default port

hope it may helps ..

Regards.,