Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File should be completely downloaded to Target sys

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The scenario is File(NFS)--XI--->File(FTP)

I want to move a file(in folder1) which is sitting in the Source system to folder2 in the target system.

My question is no-one should read the file untill the file is completely downloaded in the target sys.

The reason is iu2019m sending a 40 mb file to target system. I donu2019t want the application which is running in my target system to pick the file from folder untill 40 MB file gets completely dowloaded.

How can i solve this issue

any suggestions on this....

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

In Communication Channel configuration

in tab 'Target' you give File Name Scheme: FILENAME (as to be used by your receiver application).

in tab 'Processing' you give write mode 'Use Temporary file' and then fill 'temporary file name scheme'

What will happen at runtime is that PI creates a file with the temporary name (so it cannot be seen by teh receiver) and only when PI is done with processing, it renames the file to the target name and then the receiver application can see the file and start processing it.

kr

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with R. den Hoedt,

Configure your Receiver Channel as suggested above (with write mode Use Temporary file ).

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi R. den Hoedt ,

>> PI creates a file with the temporary name (so it cannot be seen by teh receiver)

Suppose i have Temporary file name: xi.temp

whether i can see the file xi.temp in the target folder ?

untill the file is processed and placed with target name

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really dont know if you can see it at the target directory with the temporary name.

I guess you can. Maybe you could test that in DEV.

But i still dont think you can do anything with it, i suppose PI 'blocks' the file from being processed by anybody else.

kr

Robert

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi R. den Hoedt,

I can see the temp file in the target folder until it get processed completely

and then renamed with target name.

Thanks for u r inputs

Keep going...

Thanks

Sai