cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load from DSO to Infocube in BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am loading data from DSO to cube. While doing a full load in the DTP maintenance, I selected 'Extraction from' as Active Table (Without Archive), it went fine. When loading Delta Init, I wondered what option needs to be selected for 'Delta Init Extraction From', whether Active Table or Change Log? What is the logic behind this? Can you please explain?

I know, after the delta Init, all the subsequent delta loads will be loaded from the change log table of the DSO automatically.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Kanth,

When we check data which is available in DSO we go to active data table and not change log table.

Change log table create the records and stores the history based on the before and after image. Ultimately based on logic it posts records to active data table.

Hence when you will load data to cube it should be from active data table.Active data is summary and change log is like like item of the record.

I hope it is clear for you.

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I understand that we should use 'Active Table' for Delta Init (first time delta) in the DTP maintenance. I have another query though.

When do I actually execute the delta load for cube from DSO.

I loaded in the following sequence and I am getting the incorrect data records in the Infocube:

1. Full load from PSA to DSO

2. Delta load from PSA to DSO

3. Full load from DSO to Cube (from Active table)

4. Delta load from DSO to Cube (from Active Table)

Please explain where I have gone wrong. What is the standard sequence to be followed for DSO->Cube loading.

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

when you are loading data to dso via DTP so have u deleted all psa request which were present earlier.??

and loading seq from dso to cube depends on your req

if you need delta load to cube then create delta DTP which willl get data from change log of dso

and if u do full load to cube then u will get data direct from active table only.....

gene rally it is recommended to have delta load to cube

hope it helps

thanks

pathak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

If you want to know about all the options present in extraction tab of DTP, you can check the article written by me.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0730100-26c7-2e10-4ca6-a20aafa17d9c

1. Full load from PSA to DSO

2. Delta load from PSA to DSO

3. Full load from DSO to Cube (from Active table)

4. Delta load from DSO to Cube (from Active Table)

1) If you have to load daily full load, then no need to use DSO. Directly load data from PSA to CUBE( delete yesterday request in CUBE before loading today request)

2) If you are loading delta from PSA to ODS, then use the delta DTP which loads delta from DSO( use change log table) to CUBE.

If you are fist time initializing delta then you can load data from active table, but from next time onwards use change log table to load data from DSO to CUBE.

3) yes it is possible, but delete yesterday request in CUBE before loading today request.

4) This is not recommended.

Note: If you found wrong data in CUBE and DSO and you have correct data in PSA then you can follow the below steps.

1) Delete the contents from CUBE.

2) Delete the contents from DSO.

3) Use DTP to load data from PSA to DSO ( select extraction mode as delta and in the below select "get all data request by request"), If you don't have huge data then "get all data request by request" option is not required.

4) Use DTP to load data from DSO to CUBE( Select extraction mode as delta and select either change log table or active table because both will have same data and in below select get all data request by request.) If you select get all data request by request while loading data from PSA to DSO then use here, otherwise not required.

note: Always prefer change log table.

Now you will have correct data in DSO and CUBE.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kinjal_shah026
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Colleague,

I have a scenario where from Std DSO data is getting updated to cube via delta

DTP settingas Load data FROM DSO Active Table without Archive

But I see that in some case it is loading from change log

what might be the reason

Thank you,

Kinjal Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look,

Active Table (with Archive)

The data is read from the active table and from the archive or from a near-line storage if one exists. You can choose this option even if there is no active data archiving process yet for the DataStore object.

Active Table (Without Archive)

The data is only read from the active table. If there is data in the archive or in a near-line storage at the time of extraction, this data is not extracted.

Archive (Only Full Extraction)

The data is only read from the archive or from a near-line storage. Data is not extracted from the active table.

Change Log

The data is read from the change log of the DataStore object

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

I came to know that we should use the setting 'Extract from Active Table' (With or Without Archive) for first delta load (Delta Init).

but i'd like to know the why we should use that option. Please elaborate. Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The settings in the DTP ( for delta init extraction), For a full DTP, these settings apply to all requests started by the DTP. For a delta DTP, the settings only apply to the first request (delta initialization), since because of the delta logic, the following requests must all be extracted from the change log.

Go thru the below link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/682cacb88f297ee10000000a422035/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go through the below which will help you to understand the difference and context of using these.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/47/e8c56ecd313c86e10000000a42189c/content.htm

-

Thanks

BVR