cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uniquness on multiple fileds in the MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to make MDM Repository unique based on combination of two fields of same table?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Let me understand your query, you need to make the MDM Repository fields unique.

This can be achieved by making the relevant fields properties in the MDM Console as unique.

regards,

abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I want the combination of two fields unique... Is it possible?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I haven't come across a scenario where we require a combination of two fields to be made unique.

You may try, create a calculated field which is combination of the two required field and make this calculation field as unique.

This is help solve your purpose

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RR

What type of question is this?

You can make any number of fields defined for a table as Unique. Select both the fields you want to make Unique while defining the table and then combine them.

This is a very basic MDM feature and you should know this, being a Old timer in MDM

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am aware of having UNique attribute property for each file and it can checked for any number of fieds in MDM but my question is much of having a condition on repository on COMBINATION of two fields... Do we have such option to set?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev,

but my question is much of having a condition on repository on COMBINATION of two fields

Yes, you can set combination of more than one field for a table.

For Example, you need to set Material Id and Material Desc as combination of two fields for main table.

Procedure:

To specify the Unique Field(s) for a table:

1. In the Console Hierarchy tree, select the applicable MDM repository.

2. In the Tables pane, select the applicable table.

3. In the Table Detail pane, double-click on the Unique Fields property.

4. MDM opens a dual-list drop-down control for multiple-item selection

Fore more details please refer page 133/407 Figure 33 of MDM Console reference guide.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/MDMConsole71.pdf

Kindly revert if still have doubts else mark thread as answered.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes we have this option. And thats why I am surprised to see this basic question!!

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

As already discussed, you can make a field as unique or combination of fields as unique.

Please note that data currently present should be as per the unique constraint set,else it can lead to problems in operation.

Thanks,

Ravi