cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping to SAP Database server

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

At all the SAP systems in my System landscape, when I am going to ping to DB Server by using Transaction code OS01, it is showing List Contains No Data. But to all other servers like Application Server and Presentation Server is OK. Can anybody help me how to solve it ?

Asaduzzaman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
List Contains No Data.

Is the above error coming on screen? Or you are not able to see the results?

Are you facing any connectivity issues from Apps to DB+CI?

Again check - from where you are trying to ping your database server (OS01), I mean where you logged in?

It seems you are trying to ping the server from its own.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya,

This is the error text. List contains no data. I am doing it by logging both application Server, but same error showing for both.

thanks,

Asaduzzaman

Former Member
0 Kudos

From where you are pinging the Database server, database to database?

Or apps to database? Try to ping the database server from database itself and update.

What is the detailed error (Click on details)?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having ping 10 x to DB server from SAP by OS01. But in the packet loss field it is showing nothing. Only at Max (ms) it is showing 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What does your build look like.

I have this "issue" on our systems and our build is

Server1: CI+DB

Server2: DI

I am able to ping both servers through the Application server section. Can you do this also?

I also tried logging onto the DB+CI server directly and performing all of the same tests, it still does not ping from the "Database Server" section.

To be honest as long as I get the ping through Application Server section I'm not to worried. I think it is more likely an application bug.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

From OS level In can ping to each other (means, DBCI to DI and DI to DBCI) very fine. But from SAP OS01 , Ping to DB server is not happening.

Asaduzzaman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try This:

1) Logon to the Application Server (DI)

2) Goto transaction OS01

3) Click the "Application Server" button

4) Note down what systems are displayed here and let us know

5) Click the select all button, then click the 1x ping

6) Let us know the details of the response for all systems, does this include the server that you have your DB on?

7) Click the back button, then click the "Database Server" button

😎 Note down what systems are displayed here and let us know

9) Click the select all button, then click the 1x ping

10) Let us know if you get a response for all systems? On my systems I also get "List contains no data" even on a central instance.

Try logging onto the DB server directly and provide the results.

I really don't think this is a setup issue, unless Nick is able to get proven results...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to find the active presentation, Database and apps servers at first screen of OS01?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Ya I can find all servers at OS01like a number of Presentation Servers, two Application Servers, and one DB server. Ping to all except DB server is going well.

Thanks,

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the result if you ping directly from OS each other?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ping to each other from OS level is fine. My CI and DB instance are on same host. There is another Dialogue instance on other computer. But from SAP, ping to DB Server is not happening using any one application server.

Asaduzzaman